Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests.

Most users ever online was 1,083 at 04:38 AM on 2016-11-18.

Design Philsophies and shit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chicken View Post
    Added trap npcs and triggerables. You can trigger one NPC and every npc inside of it will in turn be trigger (super angry npcs XD) Example is using the suspicious box which has a bunch of damage traps. It used to have a teleport in it also, but I removed it so I didn't need to open another level to edit. Also started working on riddles/questions. Super early stuff, but it seems to be going decently.

I've also been emssing around with the rendering of text, to steer away from what I am using now and writ my own that can handle colour etc. So I can colour code commands, items, etc. Had a lot of trouble with it so far, but should get there.

You can't just stick this in a JLabel and use html tags to handle all of that?

Comment

Good call, but I did want to have a crack at doing it myself. I experimented with the stylized JText components when I was working on the text editor. that I created and it certainly would work for this quite nicely as a backup plan for this. However, I'm in no rush to finish this as it has always been an experimental and practicing thing.

Made some progress on the quizz/guess system.Just need to setup a way to block normal input into the main game, have the riddle be able to have customization fail states. e.g damage on failure, teleport on failure, w/e and then just possibly clean up some code with it. It
      's not super nice code atm. I'ld call it a rough version.

Last edited by Chicken; 2017-09-12, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Rebuilt the entire multi choice system to work with any type of object. I can now use it for handling results like true or false, returning objects of any type. Useful for name conflicts and editing options or something to that effect. Took a fair bit, but it's working quite nicely.

tricxta, Dylan and 2ndwolf like this.

Comment

Working...
        X