Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 39 users online. 0 members and 39 guests.

Most users ever online was 1,083 at 05:38 AM on 2016-11-18.

Making some progress...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw circles, each one getting smaller. Put leaves on circles.

The shading is a bit diferent on the left side compared to the right. I might fix it up at some stage lol, buut meh. It doesn't bother me to much.

Comment

not sure why the gifs my app makes always get translated to becoming so fast ( 2x it seems), but anyway I heard you like light effects.

Can view here and slow to half speed: https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/Misgu...rydorascatfish

Last edited by tricxta; 2017-11-04, 07:53 AM.
      Rou, Chicken and Dylan like this.

Comment

Crazy stuff :O
        That kind of light effect must've took dedication, I like!

Comment

Originally posted by tricxta View Post
          not sure why the gifs my app makes always get translated to becoming so fast ( 2x it seems), but anyway I heard you like light effects.
          Some applications for making gifs will try to delete frames where there are "duplicates". I dunno if that has anything to do with it, since the ones that do that usually will double the length signature of the frame to compensate, but maybe it's not doing that properly?
          Originally posted by antago
          Dude I would rip your fucking head off, you really think you're tough talking nasty and taking low blows--and I would feast on your fucking heart & love it. How does it feel? I'd scalp you alive and destroy your name in the pages of history like I'm doing now. I am here to write history, not cry like a little bitch and I didn't do it to myself.

So by all means, come with me out seas off borders and see what I do to you. Better yet, accept the curse from God you've just begged for--and now your life will go to shit.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndwolf View Post
            Crazy stuff :O
            That kind of light effect must've took dedication, I like!
            it actually took me 20 mins, the logic is stupidly simple.
            PHP Code:
            local function renderPlayerShadow(angdist)

local lightDist 20

if ( dist &ltlightDistthen

local dl 
            = (- (dist lightDist))

local alpha =  dl 0.8 0.2
                    local zoom 
            dl 1

this
            .showani(300,player.ani,player.math.cos(ang) * 2player.math.sin(ang) * 2player.dir)

this.changeimgcolours(300,0,00,alpha)

this.changeimgzoom(300,zoom)

this.changeimgmode(300,0)

this.changeimgrotation(300,math.deg(ang) + 90)

else

this.hideimg(300)

end
            end

function onFrameRendered(delta)

local tx player.1.5
                local ty 
            player.2
                local dx 
            this.tx
                local dy 
            this.ty
                local ang 
            this.getAngle(dxdy) + math.pi
                local dist 
            this.getDist(dx,dy)

renderLanternEffect(delta)

renderPlayerShadow(angdist)
            end 
            2ndwolf likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
              Some applications for making gifs will try to delete frames where there are "duplicates". I dunno if that has anything to do with it, since the ones that do that usually will double the length signature of the frame to compensate, but maybe it's not doing that properly?
              I suspect it's more an issue with gifcat as i actually wrote my own gif recording software, and the file plays at normal speed on my local machine. The algorithm I use doesn't do any kind of optimisation to detect duplicate frames and extend the length of the first, although that sounds like an idea worth implementing to cut down the file size.

Comment

Originally posted by tricxta View Post
                I suspect it's more an issue with gifcat as i actually wrote my own gif recording software, and the file plays at normal speed on my local machine. The algorithm I use doesn't do any kind of optimisation to detect duplicate frames and extend the length of the first, although that sounds like an idea worth implementing to cut down the file size.
                What language did you use to write the program? Also, what libraries did you use to port it to a GIF format on the fly?

Originally posted by Yenairo
                HEY GUYS, I MIGHT BE A RETARD.

Comment

Originally posted by Kondie View Post

What language did you use to write the program? Also, what libraries did you use to port it to a GIF format on the fly?
                  Java. I took this code(http://elliot.kroo.net/software/java/GifSequenceWriter/) and built a UI around it that uses other jdk libraries to capture screen contents and feeds it to this class.

But that's enough derailing. Can we get back to appreciating chicken's pixel based artistry?
                  2ndwolf likes this.

Comment

Very awesome stuff Tricxta :O Cool to see them in action, outside of pyxel edit.

I'll [rpbably take a break for a bit on these due to reasons, but I may fix a few things up and slap it into a tileset format before hand. Would take a good while to that. However, it's trivial for someone who wants to use them to pull out the tileset themselves. Just time consuming.
                    Made a rectangle and put rocks on it. Can be scaled vertically, also. The north south transition is not awesome. I might revisit it at a later date.

The tops of the cliffs are not finished. I will either leave them transparent and remove teh grass from the base or do variations. I will update it after I have done it.

Last uupdate. I can't do anymore. Not sure if that signs okay.

Last edited by Chicken; 2017-11-07, 03:27 AM.
                    Rou, Dylan and tricxta like this.

Comment

• Having played around with it, I for one very much appreciate the modularity of those roof tiles for sure. If you're taking suggestions, it would be cool to see some signs, be these a combination of both sign posts(maybe where you could layout the tiles in such a way that you could choose which arrows can be placed on the post) and low lying board signs.

Comment

Working...
                      X