Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 51 users online. 2 members and 49 guests.

Most users ever online was 1,083 at 04:38 AM on 2016-11-18.

Nostalgia? I dunno

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i vaguely remember being able to record player movements in graal that would get saved to a file. i would record what i wanted the npc to do by doing it myself and then i would replace playerx and playery with x and y.

Comment

• Don't hold this as rock solid true but, as I remember, that was a feature in 1.3 and was removed not long after. I remember using it when I first played Graal.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2ndwolf View Post
        Don't hold this as rock solid true but, as I remember, that was a feature in 1.3 and was removed not long after. I remember using it when I first played Graal.
        I also remember this but can find no trace of it. I have a feeling it is one of those things like The Bernstein Bears books getting memory-holed then all being changed to Bernstain.

If you want you can look at the changelog/readme for those versions though I myself saw nothing that really stood out in relation to that.

http://nekoroy.com/graal/readme127.txt - http://nekoroy.com/graal/npcprogramming127.doc - http://nekoroy.com/graal/newfeatures131.txt - http://nekoroy.com/graal/newfeatures139.txt

You can also download and try every one of those versions http://nekoroy.com/graal/downloads.html and see if any have that though I dont think so.

http://nekoroy.com/graal/

Comment

• That sounds super useful, but I don't remember it being a thing. I know that the "snapshot" sorta feature, where you could save a .nw/.graal version of a screenshot and walk around in the level that it happened to see the dialogue at the time. This was later removed because I assume it was used to steal scripts, level designs, etc. Maybe the feature you guys are talking about got removed at some point for the same reason?
          Originally posted by antago
          Dude I would rip your fucking head off, you really think you're tough talking nasty and taking low blows--and I would feast on your fucking heart & love it. How does it feel? I'd scalp you alive and destroy your name in the pages of history like I'm doing now. I am here to write history, not cry like a little bitch and I didn't do it to myself.

So by all means, come with me out seas off borders and see what I do to you. Better yet, accept the curse from God you've just begged for--and now your life will go to shit.

Comment

• I have downloaded multiple Graal versions and after looking around I found on Graal 1.3.5 that pressing Alt+6 records your movement until you press Alt+7... it saves to levels/recordpos.txt

edit:
            It's a very messy file though, even back in the days I believed it to be inefficient. That's probably why I forgot about it.

edit edit:
            It works on the Graal version I use to this day: Graal 2.2.2
            Last edited by 2ndwolf; 2017-10-07, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicken View Post
              I've been messing about in Messing once again. Done a little bit of basic level work to accommodate some quests that I have been trying to get out of my head and some scripting. I was working on a quest chain and instead of creating some hacky animation with sleep .5 etc I made a basic system, so I can just wack info into an array, string and it's performed in sequence. Probably just as hacky

Moving on. I was testing it out and I added in animations, but I needed a jump animation and I don't think there is one. So, I thought to myself "Well, skipping is kind of like jumping..." The setting is meant to be somewhat of a serious tone.. You effectively have stolen this old hermits rusty sword and shield and he jumps down to yell at you etc.

Updated it with some chat.
              [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https/\/media.giphy.com\/media\/26n7akKeYzQwKkU5G\/giphy.gif"}[/IMG2]
              would you look at what I found ph_exclamation-jump.gani

btw I really like seeing the updates you post. makes me want to make stuff for graal again
              Attached Files
              Yggdrasil likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dylan View Post

would you look at what I found ph_exclamation-jump.gani

btw I really like seeing the updates you post. makes me want to make stuff for graal again
                Can't remember where I found that gani for phoenix, or if I made it myself haha. Also same, wouldn't mind just pitching in on someone's project to do a bit of scripting, designing reusable mechanics that can be used in quests.
                Dylan likes this.

Comment

• yeah like an npc that is driven by system scripts

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thanks for that animation name. I did look through the gani folder, but must have missed it. :X I did do a work around for it, but I might actually go back to the original and try this animation.

I generally post and make things because I enjoy it, but I do have an ulterior motive, to hopefully inspire people to make their own things (engine work or graal work, graphics, etc) as it's awesome seeing their progress.

This is what I ended up using as a work around and an update screenshot of a fortune teller level.

VariousWeapon, Dylan and 2 others like this.

Comment

• Damn, unixmad would love to steal this.
                      Dylan and Chicken like this.

Comment

• Hermits hut. Made some new tiles for it. They're pretty rough though XD
                        Agret, Kondie and 4 others like this.

Comment

• Cozy as fuck! I love seeing levels like that.
                          Originally posted by antago
                          Dude I would rip your fucking head off, you really think you're tough talking nasty and taking low blows--and I would feast on your fucking heart & love it. How does it feel? I'd scalp you alive and destroy your name in the pages of history like I'm doing now. I am here to write history, not cry like a little bitch and I didn't do it to myself.

So by all means, come with me out seas off borders and see what I do to you. Better yet, accept the curse from God you've just begged for--and now your life will go to shit.

Comment

• Nice hut, lets make a server lol

(¯`·._¤²°°²Agret²°°²¤_.·´¯)
                            ¸.-~·*'˜¨¯Ï”m_*hê_ôñë_åñd_õñl¥_Åg ê*¨˜'*·~-.¸

Comment

• I'm sort of just tinkering with this in my spare time. Been working on a shop menu at the moment, that ties into a small quest line. It's more of a fun little project, then me actually making a server.

Comment

• Did I share my shop npc thing? I know I haven't, I made two I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X