A true stand-alone client/server

I’m making some slow progress with my server, but I’ve noticed that this project isn’t going to get too far in the current shape that the community is in. Is it possible for me to take the the client and server and set it up in a way that it wouldn’t have to be directly tied in with graal reborn? As in making my own login server and having the client and server connect to it with my own account database. I’m sure its possible, but for personal reasons I just figured I would ask for permission before I attempted it. If this can be done could someone direct me in the right direction on doing so? If this question isn’t clear enough just let me know, but simply I just want to use the client/server in a way that breaks away from the graal reborn server list and just have my own website and database to run things from for my server.

Yeah sure. The source code for opengraal is here: https://github.com/OpenGraal

You will just need to compile the list server and set it up for whatever storage engine you want to do (flat file or MySQL). Then you will need to repackage the client with an updated arrays2.dat file pointing to your list server. Next you will need to write up a website or some piece of software that will allow players to register their accounts. Of course all of this will be public facing so keep that in mind when you are configuring your firewall.

The alternative is to use our list server since we have already done this work for you. Servers and this community aren’t usually mutually exclusive, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be.

There used to be a bunch of people who hosted their own listservers. 10 years ago.

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for just wasn’t sure how to word it or what to search for.

let us know how it turns out