changing tiles

How can i change the tileset for my pw? im making them graal classic style ;D
id just change the pics1 in the graal reborn folder like i do with baddies but when i did that with graal online it made editor not work and say “pics1.png cannot be found”

any help? :frowning:

changing tiles AND…

Oh also the level generator just isnt working, the levels dont go anywhere ive tried actually making the file for it aswell rofl.

-Oh AND rc dosnt work, it just lags when i click on it and crappy windows says its not responding. i have alot of problems haha.

Re: changing tiles

Add an npc to change definitions.

if (created||playerenters) { addtiledef newtileset.png,prefix,0; }

Where newtileset.png is the filename of the new tileset, prefix is the level prefix for the tileset to apply to (ie, using the prefix “test_”, then all levels like “test_1.nw”, “test_2.nw”, etc would use the tileset), and 0 is the type (0 for classic style tilesets, 1 for new style tilesets, as used on era and such). You want the npc in a level where it’ll definately get called, preferably part of a system npc (a weapon that gets added to an account on creation and can’t be deleted).

you need to chop up the tileset in 64kb pieces in order to make it work online

That, or release a customised client with the image included… or expect them to download it independantly… or whatever. Bad idea either way.
The 64kb pieces are to do with the gserver limiting transfers to that size, stops potential exploitation I assume. So as Cadavre says, its for online implementation.

Ideally then you'll want to use addtiledef2, I think, just check the commands.rtf file, it should be in there, or check out the newbie scripters bible I posted in the npc section.

How do i change somthing to 64kb?

64kb would be the file size. Reduced image detail or colour, better compression (png over gif), smaller images… They should all reduce the filesize. I think addtiledef2 replaces just part of the tilemap, rather than the whole thing, so you can break a tileset into a number of pieces, then combine them all together by loading them all in seperately to different parts.

Alright, easiest method of getting a tileset ready for online use.

Cut your Tileset into 256 pixel wide peices, this will give you 8 parts all together, all under 64kb.
Name it something like YourTiles_0.png to YourTiles_7.png

Put this into a script in a level players will commonly visit first, or in an NPC weapon.

for(this.i =0; this.i < 8; this.i++) addtiledef2 YourTiles_#v(this.i).png,LEVELSTARTSWITH,256 * this.i, 0;

Done.

You’re awesome. I started reading this thread thinking “I’ll never do that… I won’t be able to figure it out”.
Now I’ll likely do this some time.

Useful script Beholder :smiley:

i did something like that on Graal online but i gave up after ppl started stealing my content and saying its theres trying to get off like they made it themselfs it realy pissed me off when no one did anything so i gave up and now just trying to redo my scripts to gs1 so that i can bring my server here

lol, Images I've made people have commonly stole, renamed, or quite literally recolored 50 times. As for levels and NPCs, people have either tried stealing them, but usually they just go after my work to deface and delete it within a month after I quit (And this has happened atleast 4 times).

I thought that would be obvious. They get a sense of false pride from it. They're out for fame in the only pathetic way they can; theft. Personally, I give credit where credit is due. Liars are usually exposed in due time. So, why bother? lol

But, why limit the files to 64kb? I can't really think of a particular exploitation can occur from this. The limit would explain why several of my graphics aren't showing. lol.

64KB is the size of one packet.
The GServer currently doesn't have a compatable way to append multiple packets to allow for large filesizes, RC aswell, mkay? :open_mouth:

Alright, so it's not a matter of exploitation. M'bad.