Classic Graal Adventure

Fredi and aidy12, we may need to form a set of standard rules here if level16.graal is any indication. The large building which occupies that level has gone through 3-4 complete changes over the history of Classic.

How do we pick and choose the “correct” version of that building? The earliest, the latest, the longest, most beloved? Do we poll each other and decide?

One solution would be to skuttle off / move some of those versions of the building to other locations. For example I restored the GOH garden at the side, right next to the building. I could stash the entrance to the remaining GOH levels inside their own garden. Such a move would take one candidate off the table for level16.graal.

I like what you’ve done with gohgarden! Integrates nicely.
As for large structures, like on level16, I’d personally say most beloved, although that could be subjective. I think for for larger things like that some sort of poll between at least ourselves and those interested would be useful…
Possibly the exterior is worth going by also. I like the pyramid shaped battle arena for example. If the arena levels were placed there they’d would almost have to be in the original building.
Hard to say really…

I say every level needs to be beautify and idle worthy. If I can’t idle for hours in that level, something isn’t right!

glhf

glhf? Good Luck Horse Fucker?

Good luck have fun

Make level 14 the same as it’s been since 2000 to present. >;O

also appropriate.

Good job guys!

I’m glad we’re agreeing on what this server should be!

There is plenty of space to put old stuff, especially around the coast, if you want to move some conflicted levels.

I think the IDE is a major slowdown in development, we have to redo everything manually, anybody knows how to add predefined NPCs to the editor? It would be a big step forward to have our collection of useful npcs, like click to buy, available at a glance.

Graal Reborn/levels/npcs

defnpcName.txt

//#COMMENTS description in editor
//#EDIT var 1337
//#EDIT var2 69

if (created) {
  message #v(var) #v(var2);
}

editnpcName.txt

Executes the code while in editor mode. Can be used to change tiles with mouse or add detail to levels with just a click. It’s a a lot more advanced though.

Hah! I was way off!

Thanks!

I just noticed that when I use the GraalEditor.exe it won’t load images or npcs properly.

Also I don’t see a npc folder, but I can see Door Graal2001-Door and Light as predefined npcs…

I guess I didnt get the defnpcName.txt / editnpcName.txt

Could you give me a working example?

You need to set the correct file directory. Just manually set an image in an NPC and make sure all the images you are using are in that folder.

So what’s wrong here?

http://d.pr/i/F9xi

the editor is look for files that have the pre-pendix defnpc(for example defnpcLight.txt)
Unfortunately, I was messing around with this last night, and you’re only able to edit existing npc structures or so it seems. It might just be my editor and/or computer however…

Either way, your file will need be named defnpcCop.txt if you’re to have any hope.

It works thanks!!!

Is there a way to put a string as a var?

Like i’d like to make a rupee that drops a rupee from your money when clicked, can I chose from lay (var) from green, blue, redrupee?

I don’t understand what you mean.

The lay command works like this:

lay itemname;
lay2 itemname, x, y;

greenrupee
bluerupee
redrupee
bombs
darts
heart
glove1
bow
bomb
shield
sword
fullheart
superbomb
battleaxe
goldensword
mirrorshield
glove2
lizardshield
lizardsword
goldrupee
fireball
fireblast
nukeshot
joltbomb
spinattack

I’d most likely make it an image so the player can’t pick it up.
And putnpc that image with a little jumping gralat gani beside the player.
Then minus the playerrupees.

This thread gave me goosebumps. I’m excited now.

The “dark forest” north of Graal was fairly outdated. I made it before the levels were connected visually, so at the time the maze made sense. Worst of all, some !@# !@#$ came along and turned my lake into a sea port… and a sea AND it was done in a very ugly way, via a straight line along the edge of two levels. This whole location is an eyesore on Classic Graal. “Graal the Adventure”’ had a simple solution, remove my maze and carve out a nicer looking water edge. Yet they kept the terrible looking forest. I want to strangle the LATs in charge of that. I contest that those levels need a clean slate. Though I had to follow some simple rules. No touching MoD Fort, cannot move or really touch Ninji Castle, and I couldn’t add anymore space on the world map.

I’ve modernized the forest by cutting out a scenic route towards the Ninja Castle, shaping the coastline a bit, and filling in the maze. Literally one level on the world map is an entire canopy of tree tops. This has significant meaning for what I’m about to do next. This filler level is going to represent a subzone, an off the map grid of several levels that’ll constitute a new forest. I’ll be able to create my maze without the confines of the world map, and throw in some interesting challenges that won’t bother pedestrian traffic.

Introducing “Baddie Forest”, my own little playground for an entry level quest. ETA a few(?) weeks. Only able to work on it at night… so we’ll see. The size and scope of it is also under consideration.