Classic Graal Adventure

That sounds nice, I’ll log on to check it out later :o
Though, I could’ve seen the ninji castle moved a bit farther north, and the port farther west, as long as they’d be in the same general region and direction from graal city.

I just spent some time restarting the Classic Graal Adventure Server, as last time we closed it due to weapons not loading.

I believe I found the source of the issue, which was that the foldersconfig file was corrupted.

I also tried to reset all weapons and account to make a clean start, but now I don’t seem to be able to connect to the server properly.
With a new account I get stuck at “loading account”…
Anybody would have an idea about how to quick fix this?

I feel like I’ve already had to fix this issue in the past, but I can’t figure out how…

Try deleting the account files or edit the file and have it point to a level that exists.

I tried all that…

If I keep the old accounts I can log in but weapons are still fucked up (I see only 3 of them in my inventory and I can’t pick up again those I already have)

If I delete all accounts I just can’t get to the game. I see my account being created based on the defaultaccount in the account folder, but I just can’t join the server…

The level name doesn’t seem to be the problem…

You have to get a fresh GServer and fill in what you have. Happened all the time on Zolderon. That’s how Riley had to fix it.

What gserver version are you running? I don’t believe I’ve ever encountered this problem with Phoenix.

Thanks that just confirmed what I thought, I’m gonna set this up and try again!

It’s gserver_2.4.0
Is there any other gserver release I might not know about, since I’m gonna have to set it all up over again?

___Merged doublepost__________________

I’m sorry about the noob questions, but what is supposed to be in the “Weapons” Folder vs the “Execscripts” folder?

Currently, my Weapons folder contains both automatically generated text files when a player first picks up a weapon and text files containing other weapons that we sometime spawn into the game.
Is this the correct way to do it, or should the later be in the execscripts folder?

___Merged doublepost__________________

Last update:

Server is up and running again, everything seems to be fine, although I reset all accounts, which was well overdue since we fixed hundred of glitches over time and many players had taken advantage of them.
Feel free to drop by, I should keep it running 24/7 on a very reliable computer/connection.

Thanks for the tips!

2.4.0 was the last official release, since then there have been a few unofficial patches and enhancements.

weapons folder = weapon scripts you can generate manually, or generated automatically by the server when a player grabs a weapon using ‘toweapon’
exescripts = stores scripts(average npcs) associated with a triggerhack developed by downsider aimed at giving scripters a bit of serverside functionality such in the way that a player can execute functionality remotely on another player.

Assuming you have a dedicated player always online(which is what an npc server is pretty much) you could effectively emulate a nice portion of npc-server functionality using said triggerhack.

Bringing back the original purpose of this post, do you believe we could have a sub-forum dedicated to this server?

I plan on keeping it online 24/7 and people are already coming to play and reporting bugs / asking for features / sending in their levels to fill empty houses / etc.

I believe having our own sub-forum would help organize a community around this server of both players and developers to make it the best experience of what Classic Graal has been over the years, and even better.

Thanks for your constant support!

It’d get pretty confusing with the Graal the Adventure (2004) subforum already existing.

Err, yeah. We can do a sub-forum. Is anyone planning on hosting Graal the Adventure? Otherwise, I’ll just archive it and give fredi a “Classic Graal Adventure” subforum.

Marlon was hosting GtA.

Thanks a lot!

We’ll make good use of it!

Can anyone get in touch with Marlon to see what server backups he has? He won’t talk to me.

I pretty much haven’t heard of him since MSN Messenger shut down, I might have his version of classic from when he was hosting Eevul-Hotaki somewhere, I don’t know if anyone would be interested by this…

I’d like to talk to him as well, he’s the one who introduced me to Reborn.