CLIENTSIDE question

I have a npc enemy which I want to be set to CLIENT side but it still seems to be acting server side.

So is this a bug or am I doing it wrong? My code starts with “// #CLIENTSIDE” which is right… right?

Re: CLIENTSIDE question

//#CLIENTSIDE

But this is for NPC Servers.

Without one, the line between client and serverside is a lot more vague

NPC server?

NPC Server.
The median between players and the Server.
Offers more functionality and acts as a player running all of the scripts for the entire duration the GServer & NPC Server are active. It is the thing we do not have :stuck_out_tongue:

Also… also… right now one lucky player (isleader) gets to run all scripts for you guys :smiley: yay!

So this means most of my ideas for client side bosses, enemies and puzzles are officially boned? Darn. Time to consider making this world offline :x

Not officially boned.

You just have to know what transfers to all players (chat text, x,y, attributes, sprites).

Keeping it on a timeout will let the NPC be controlled by one player (the 'leader')
However, there is an old flaw, should the leader Pause/QMenu/Map, the NPC's commands will be paused for that duration. Giving anyone else a nice clear shot at it with the local parts.

While I'll admit its more amiable with the middleman controlling the NPCs (because players cannot be trusted), we can still make due without by taking longer routes to the same destination.

Hrmm. The thing is i've already made a bunch of levels with npc baddies (you know, the default showcharprop ones), traps, quests and all kinds of things which don't appear to work correctly online which is why I was hoping CLIENTSIDE would work (just copy and paste like nuts).

The major ones which are buggin' me are the baddies. Sometimes they'll behave fine but if there's more than one player in the same room they'll do some weird crap like have a different name (one of them was called Ho! which was kinda funny cause it was a female) or their heads will be head0, or won't harm you at all.

lol Ho? are you using anything like putnpc to make the baddies? If you could just copy and paste the code from the baddies here and i'll go over it. Most likely it's a problem with if(created), as it doesn't seem to work like expected on this version.

Yeah they're all done with if(created) but not put npc. Although I do have some putnpc baddies they seemed to work fine online.

Also some standing still npcs with if(created) seem to not show their heads if a second player enters the level. I guess I should use playerenters for that.

Yeah, had tons of problems with if(created) also. Everyone seems to just be using a mix of playerenters and isleader now instead.

Yeah but by default npcs are made with if(created) which is a pain. Hopefully we can see this fixed sometime soon :stuck_out_tongue: