Custom Sword Gani help

My post was about whether double damage were to occur.
i figured an on topic thread would be a god place to pose a question I was curious about.
Sorry revisiting this. I was on my break first response.
To reiterate, I didn’t state I needed help with triggeractions. Or shoot sends for that matter,
as I already have great examples I made for myself on effective ways of using them. Those
questions were answered back when I joined =) This, and I actually think I asked someone
long ago, was about the sword gani itself.
If you simply copy and paste a gani file and rename it, it basically acts about the same as
the original (obviously.) The point being that the gani name itself isn’t the cause of the
damage. I don’t know much about gani’s so is there something in the file that changes the
player’s sprite? Because I know for a fact that a simple sprite change causes damage. So
does the gani posted cause damage based on sprite change, or ONLY manual variable transfer.

And btw riley. I know you are doing your thing. And as I was in a rush I didn’t realize I was
responding to two people. Both people incorrectly gauged my response, and one attempted to
help me. It seems people need to defend themselves on this forum, or face ridicule. Perhaps
you should practice the rules you enforce.
And maybe not make personal stabs in editing comments. As you’ll notice, mine is an observation.
And also there is no need to be condescending when you are trying to ‘help’ people. This is my
number one biggest problem on here. So many people have such a high horse that they feel
they are going so far out of their way to help people. Others don’t, those are the ones I respect.