Evora

Well, I like being called a lady more than a girl at least.

Major deja vu: http://www.graalians.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20655

I made an album showing off my fun times on Evora!
http://imgur.com/a/Tx2nv

my goodness

While that might be true…

…this one is true!

Oh…It’s not because you’re being jaded, though. But because…

Benjiro, Seeker, and Dylan: You’ve been three new developers!

Blissfull Landscoughnoddesscough* Not to mention, Via Xia (or whatever it was) and Seeker

and It’s not because of tough love or because you’re a source of venerable wisdom…

…It’s because, at first, you were just like him.

So before you go acting all high and mighty just remember: you turned out just just fine. And we let you fail at project after project.

I MEAN COME ON: http://forums.graal.in/forums/showthread.php?5828-Seeker-s-Development-Server!

Putting everything on the table at once and then polish it isn’t a bad thing. It’s easier to see the big picture and you get the feeling of accomplishment faster. We’re thaught to write stories that way at school. It’s a legitimate process.

As a second argument I’d like to point out that to pull out a functional level is long, to pull out an ordinary level is a bit longer and to pull out an eye candy level like most people here seem to expect is not only longer but not a skill available to everyone. That said, I’m pretty negative usually but this time it didn’t even cross my mind that the level quality would reflect on other parts of the gameplay. Give him time, he seems to be handling the recruiting part very well so the staff is likely to cycle and keep bringing new elements. Unless Rammy is of fredy’s type (remember the french guy who wanted to save graal and stayed like 2 months max?), that I can only hope.

Good point(s)

Rofl at all this. Why do almost all threads here have to get so wacky?

Because this forum contains some of the most mature people ever.

At least it’s not like graalians. For that, I am thankful.

They saw your kind words about our server, and just had to find some way to thank you for them. :blush:

LOL

I hadn’t said anything, I was just sent to jail for playing.

Because insulting my work is considered nice.

If you don’t think I can run a server then stop posting here and move on.
At least I am trying to fix things, the only thing you are doing is making my server look bad.
So yes, thanks to you maybe no one will play my server, or maybe they will begin to realize how ignorant you really were.
I am not saying anyone can develop a decent server, but what makes you think that I can’t.
Again, I have been here for a little over 2 weeks and this is my first server, I am sure that when you came here you fucked up every single time. So if you failed then everyone else that comes across Reborn has to fail too?
Sure, most of the guys that are encouraging me may or may not really believe that I can make it far with this server.
But at least they are helping me out.
It shouldn’t fucking be this way, you should try to at least help other servers out, that’s why they call it a community.
If I have tileset errors teach me how to fix them, instead of going about something that you may or may not be able to fix yourself, instead of trashing my staff for abusing your account, which you certainly deserved for trashing us in the first place.

the idea is good a western story would be great if you build some good event,i like the mapping,you need to work and work again and do the best ^^.

Good luck.

Thanks! I guess before we start with the jobs, quests and extra levels, I got to fix the bugs that need to be fixed.
Right now our first level works fine (we update our tileset and fixed the code to load the tileset when playerenters rather then if created, which worked great for most of the new players…), at the moment we are remaking every level with our new tileset and finishing up our gmap.

The code is actually broken for the tiles. It set my tiles offline as your tileset too, it should only be for the server. If you look around you can find a way to fix that.

Be aware that reborn does not support the use of gmaps though… you’ll be alone on that one. You should consider using bigmaps instead.

How to bigmaps/gmaps differ?
I have been trying to fix my gmap for a couple days now and nothing works, so if bigmaps are basically the same thing I’ll go for that :smiley:

Thanks. I was suggested several things: (image pre loaders, setting the image then hiding it so the server renders it but doesn’t display it, changing if created to if playerenters…), I tried all and the most productive was changing the image to render when the playerenters. I remember someone telling me (pretty sure it was tricxta) that preloaders wouldn’t fix that issue/there’s an easier way to do it.

GMaps are a .gmap file as bigmaps are simply a .txt
They also have a slighty different way of formatting, as bigmap is just levels names in a specific order while a GMap has some parameters at the top. GMaps also don’t require warps in the levels, but bigmaps do.

I feel like I got completely confused, I added warps to each level and named each level: “evora_mapA or evora_map1”
depending on if they were going vertically or horizontally…
Is that what your are suppose to do with bigmaps?