Framerate counter

Foggy drawdistance, I’m guessing?

___Merged doublepost__________________

Ah, pity, seems clientside timevar2 was released just a few versions later:
http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Creation/Dev/Releases/Client/2.3

Beholder: timevar2 is updated on the milliseconds on each frame, from my experience.

well in this case, i guess it’s good that our playercount is 0? – but on another note: why do people need to know their fps on your server, it’s not as if their debugging your server for you?

No, no, it’s so I can see THEIR performance through server strings and the like and see how other clients hold up. I have a fairly powerful computer.

i7 quad core?!

Not even that can compete with Graal’s retard power.

you said you had a fairly powerful computer! core 2 duo i presume?

Sticks, rocks, mud. Mighty fine computer.

Sticky this thread, yo.

=/ Fine.

Rofl, why is this stickied? The only people who would need it are those making really advanced NPCs that are extremely CPU intensive, like Wolfengraal, Mode 7, and Beholder’s Cave Story.

The only people who make things like that are Beholder, Dusty and I, and all of us probably could’ve figured this out ourselves.

how about a LIVE latency thing…instead of that thing that only updates once every 5 minutes or so

Framerate isn’t latency…

Useful stuff should be stickied, no?

To get latency, I guess you could do:

if (playerenters) {
  timeout = 0.05;
}

if (timeout) {
  if (this.oldtimevar != timevar) {
    if (this.oldtimevar != 0) {
      this.latency = (timevar/this.oldtimevar/5)*20;
    }
    this.oldtimevar = timevar;
  }
}

I THINK that would work to show your latency in MS…

But… but… I was told to! :ohdear:

i try this,but the npc say only “0”
I just wanna using a system for found the best player’s ping in a room any idea for this?

if (playerenters) {
  timeout = 0.05;
}

if (timeout) {
  if (this.oldtimevar != timevar) {
    if (this.oldtimevar != 0) {
      this.latency = (timevar/this.oldtimevar/5)*20;

}
    this.oldtimevar = timevar;
  }
}
if(timeout){message #v(this.latency)
}

The only reliable way would be with a triggerhack. That snippet’s broken, and can’t be fixed.

sorry to bump this again, but while the site is being reorganised, shouldn’t this be moved to the Script Showcase, instead of being part of the gigantic list of Stickies on the NPC Index? It can still stay a sticky in the showcase, I just thought it would keep the lists cleaner.

Feel free to delete/hard delete this post afterwards, I just thought I’d point this out.