Functions and parameters

I’m remembering how to script again pretty quickly now that I’m back, but I could have sworn I was able to pass parameters through a function before…

ie:

[code]function dostuff(a,b){
}

dostuff(5,#v(this.randomvariable));[/code]

What am I doing wrong? Graal yells mean things at me when I try to give it hot, steamy scripting.

Unless I’m just missing triggeractions a little too much subconsciously. I’m assuming that is the case.

I would be attempting to call the function in a weapon, from an npc. (I know calling the function alone would not do that-- I also forgot how to talk to a weapon, I know callweapon, but I’m not sure if that’s what I need. I’m picking this stuff back up as I go. :D)

Its available… In later versions. It sucks, but its true.

Ouch.

Slightly messy workaround scripting ahead!

I love a challenge.

cough Yeah really D:
Oh yeah, maximum script (char) length the client seems to accept in online mode is 13k per NPC/NPCw. Anything after 13,000 or so, gets cropped off.

Which costs 5 more chars per use ;D

Makes you want to punch a baby.

Ya, like was said I guess, Functions work. Passing parameters doesn’t, but npcs share variables between all their functions, so there isn’t really any need for parameters.

call weapon works, but I think the weapon has to be selected to be called. Or you have to know the index of the weapon. (atleast that’s what my past scripting suggests)
ie.

for (i=0;i<weaponscount;i++) {
      if (strequals(#w(i),weaponname)) {
        callweapon i,weaponname;
      }
    }

Thanks guys. =]

How bad is a timeout in an npcw that every player on a server will have? I was hoping to avoid using one, but eh. I forgot.

I believe what I’m going to do is:

• A string array to save account names that hit the npc, to the npc.
  • getplayer() to cycle through the accounts and set a client string array for each of them.
  • A timeout in the system (:() to check if the client string has anything in it or not.
  • Activate a function if it does, using the information in the array as if they were parameters, then to clear it. Mission accomplished.

Edit:
Ah, yeah! Thanks Hand! Actually, callweapon looks more like this:

callweapon i,[b][i]eventflag,param,param,param etc.[/i][/b];

Callweapon uses an eventflag, like if I said callweapon i,dothings,toadstools;

if (dothings){ setplayerprop #c,#p(0); }
On the weapon, would set the player’s chat to toadstools. I can indeed effectively set client strings from such events, and they may work hand and hand with my functions without need for a timeout! Parameters sent from npc to weapon via callweapon instead. (Because I like less strings and variables and timeouts… Yeah, I’m insane.)

Thanks everyone, I believe I have just arrived at a completely desireable solution. <3

I hope a small for loop (callweapon()) within a small for loop (getplayer()) is better than using a timeout in a system weapon. The loops would be ran only once, upon the death of the npc. However, there would likely be many npcs dying around the server at a time.

Thoughts? I’m remembering so much, it’s awesome. @_@

You can use triggeraction.

Oh…

Geez.

triggeraction > another loop.

For some reason I thought I wasn’t able to. Didn’t try. <.<

:noob:

I just remembered the thread on Graal 2.3
http://forums.graal.in/forums/showthread.php?t=851

Conclusion: Requires an NPC server

Thanks HandupOnYoHip, link fixed.

lol nice link bro