gr12 programming class

update2: we’re not learning multiple classes. All our projects are going to have one class each. rip
some1 plx direct me to sum real java learnins

Write me a program that finds the frist 6 character palindrome (which would be ‘aaaaaa’). Then have the program count how many permutations it goes through until it finds the next palindrome and repeat until you find the first 7 character palindrome. keep it lower case if you want simple.

That program would have such a big output O_o

Try going through most of grade school using everything from IBM 8088’s with 256kb of ram and Apple II’s to the original pentiums. It was actually pretty awesome since most applications and games were not bloated and crap and could run smoothly on those machines. Also Mosaic and Netscape 2 FTW :smiley:

Oh yeah the days when games were actually meant to run on pcs… and not some imaginary monster from the future.

Not really

That’s quick math and I might be wrong but we got 3 letters with 25 permutations possible… that’s 252525=15625

Im asking to find palindromes. Not everything. What kind of challenge would that be?

Notice I said three letters, they have 15625 possible permutations; mirroring them would make a palindrome…

abb != bba

i even thought about it for a second. with 3 character palindromes, the first letter must also be the last letter. so that leaves the middle letter to be whatever you want. so the number of 3 character palindromes is actually 26*26, which is 676.
btw there are 26 letters in the alphabet. not 25.

You asked for 6 letter palindromes O_O
abbbba IS a 6 letter palindrome.
Any mirrored repetition of the first 3 letters of a 6 letter word will give a palindrome.

With 26 letters/permutations, we got 17576 possible 6 letter palindromes.

Well fuck me running. You’re right.

My fault really… it wasn’t clear that I was looking for 6 letter palindromes. I was so sure it was implied I didn’t even realise I never made any reference to it… anyway… schizophrenia I guess.

Yeah I never thought you were solving for 6 characters. I thought you were just being dumb, but it turns out you were just being smart.

You guys are so fucking boring.

That sounds pretty difficult.

such a casual

That’s why it’s good to run when someone is trying to rape you.

welp I wanted to start coding C# but first of all the computers are Macintosh and secondly I can’t download shit without a password. The teacher isn’t even in the class most of the time, so I don’t know what the fuck I’m gonna do. To make things worse the entire Unity3D website is blocked so I can’t even try a game engine.

It’s very easy to bypass the password if you boot in single-user mode.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1492

more often than not, the sysadmins tend to forget to password protect the boot-commands.