Hammer

LOL I forgot about that. It’s been so long since I’ve use it that I forgot it was there.

___Merged doublepost__________________

It’s hexadecimal but it’s set up weird…

oh it’s every 20 tiles it moves down

That button exists in the editor? wtf

lol…I didn’t know about it either.
I never paid attention.

Probably only the latest… which is very old anyway.

Came around version 2.1 or so.
So you’ve had over 7 years to notice the damn thing. lol

I’ve never been that into leveling and scripting over the years, so I didn’t try every button available. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I’ve noticed it being there, just never new what it did…lol

Yeah I always forgot about this one too, came as a surprise to see it mentioned lol

Pfft, I wasted way too much time guessing numbers from the tileset to convert the hammer to break rocks. I just randomly thought of Harvest Moon–that could become such a screwed up server concept… You could be a commie farmer, lending to the multiplayer aspect and you’d be attacked by polar bears and… *Keeps going for about half an hour…

Ok, here’s a problem I think I have found with both the hammer and boomerang. The way you are setting the strings aren’t saving them to the player but to the weapon. If you log out the string will not be set to the weapon any longer. You’d have to enter the level with the NPC in it to fix this. But it’ll keep happening if you reconnect outside of the level, and if the NPC has a hasweapon check the string won’t be re-added at all. Using setstring ,strtofloat, and such will add and check for strings in the player.

My last posts in the boomerang thread about the level 2 and 3 tiles not changing happened when I changed everything to strings. When I changed it back it was worked fine. Hence the “nvm”. I may have just messed something up by accident though. And when I added a hasweapon check the boomerang stopped being thrown.

Well I’ve only tested these scripts offline, so I apologize for these sort of bugs :slight_smile:
Fixing it now, and also adding something small. Will post the update in the original post.

Okay, updated it with a fix for the string thing, so it should work online now.
Also added the ability to call the ‘upgradehammer’ command externally, allowing you to upgrade the hammer from other NPC’s.

This online stuff is some complicated shit.

Actually it would have bugged out in offline mode.
You were setting a variable that wasn’t attached to the NPC before. So it basically “left” when you changed the level.

I noticed it because I put in a hasweapon check and went into edit mode then into play mode again.

Guess it’s pretty obvious I don’t debug my scripts that much :stuck_out_tongue: At least, I tend to do my debugging in one single level, and never consider leaving it.

lol Yen’s right. This thread is retarded without my posts in it.

I’m having an issue getting the image to show up with the gani. I have the same issue with Nalin’s ghost baddy. The hammer works as intended (flattens stakes) just fine but only the gani without the hammer shows up when its used. Like your using an invisible hammer. Same thing with the ghost.

I have the shiny-hammer-1,2 and 3 .png images in the gani folder with the shiny_hammer.gani
Foldersconfig is setup so that it will load images from ganis along with the world folder. I tried having the images in both places. I know itloads the gani just not the image.

Same with the ghost. I see the shadow of the ghost floating around but no image. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The image is passed to the gani via a parameter like so:
setani hammer,image;

So assuming you haven’t altered the code in any way make sure the images actually show up, try place them in a level. If they don’t show you know it’s the images that are the problem.

I think the same goes for Nalin’s baddies. If you still have problems port forward your server and let me get on, I’d investigate from there if you’d like.

I found the problem. I had saved the image thumbnails from the forum thread rather than clicking on them and saving the linked image. O.o Looks like another sorry-retarded moment. Thanks for your help Tricxta, it got me thinking in the right direction. :smiley: