Let's Revive this Community!

The one time I tried to do a website professionally I fell down a rabbit hole, worked on the project for over 6 months and finally resigned, giving back the money to the client.

I don’t think I’d be the right guy for that.

___Merged doublepost__________________

Besides, I think what we have right now is good enough for until we have made the engine. It’d only need to be completed and not as much of a forum splash page or something… in game screenshots, stuff online games have; I don’t know.

If you guys are ok with that, I can do. I’d only need Jatz to send me the website files apart from the forum.

Maybe not go with 2ndwolf on this

I support rockman.c, can help with visual design if needed.

Déjà vu O_O

I kinda wanted Riley to design it, and then have other people do the PHP and shit. Riley doesn’t seem too keen on helping though.

If anyone is seriously interested in getting involved; please contact me on skype (preferable) @ allofthegoodnamesaretaken101 or via forum PM.

I’ll write the php. That is what I do.

I’d gladly help too, but I fear my C++ skills aren’t up to the task.

So far I’ve only had one person contact me, I’ll say it again. I won’t be bothering investing my time in this endeavor on my own. I want this to be a community project to improve itself, so I need your help. If you’re seriously interested in contributing in any way, please contact me via forum pm or skype. As it stands I haven’t seen enough serious interest to bother.

If you want help I would suggest using something that is not c++. Not everyone here is as leet as you.

Also spooon needs to be a part of this.

I wouldn’t be able to help with anything other than telling people what to do and coming up with ideas and a plan.

Agreed, c# is alot more friendlier, c++ compilers waste too much time. I’m not even sure of the advantages of writing in c++ in this instance. Sure it’d be advantageous if low level resource management was required but this is just a game engine, not some sort of operating system :shrug:

If you want a scripting language you’re gonna have a bad time using c#.

Why

Performance. GC’d languages have a tendency to fuck over a games performance.

tricxta should join in :slight_smile:

Tricxta is lazy :frowning:

How about I make an executive decision that we only use python because I know python and I don’t care that no one else knows it. I’m also demanding help.

It’s comments like this that make me wonder why I’m even bothering.

Don’t get mad if someone disagrees with you. I’m just trying to make a point.

Aside from Jatz I’m pretty sure that nobody here has ever built a game from scratch before, and an engine is beyond what somebody should start with as their first project. Most of use struggle to script a basic mini game in GS1 over a weekend.

I think the question is how much of the core engine Jatz is willing to do on his own if some of us tackle supporting projects that also need to be done. How soon can we establish general a level/map format so that a team could experiment with an editor or level generator? We need at least one placeholder set of graphical resources and sounds, which is no small task itself. Lets discuss some of this stuff and break the project down into manageable chunks instead of freaking out over the entirety of the project.