NPCs Freeze after player dies

When im having NPCs with timeout loops and I die while theyre running, they freeze.
Only update level or re-entering the level triggers them back on.
Can anyone tell me if this is a glitch, and if this is in every version so far? And how to work around this? Do you all have this problem?
I tried timereverywhere and not, and using if (created||timeout) and if (playerenters||timeout) and they all give same results (see code below).

Im running V .56

Thanks in advance!

if (created||timeout){
timereverywhere;
message MOO;
sleep 1;
message BoO;
timeout=1;
}

if (created||timeout){
message MOO;
sleep 1;
message BoO;
timeout=1;
}

if (playerenters||timeout){
timereverywhere;
message MOO;
sleep 1;
message BoO;
timeout=1;
}

if (playerenters||timeout){
message MOO;
sleep 1;
message BoO;
timeout=1;
}

Re: NPCs Freeze after player dies

As you can see in the code examples i posted with my post, i already tried that… and that doesnt work
[br][br]Double Posted on: March 27, 2008, 02:17:36 AM_________________________________________________[br]Ive done some more testing, all servers have this problem. Meaning that this isnt to do with the code or anything but its a bug in the gserver… This makes making nice events and such really impossible.
Hope this will be fixed in the future…

if (playerenters || timeout)
{
// more acceptable imo
timeout = 0.05;
}

Isn't that what he allready has? or was it recently edited

He did 0.05, not 1 in the 'Timeout=' part.

He had multiple timeout event calls, shouldn't be done like that.

Then again… events shouldn't be nested either but oh well

I'm not sure, but I believe he posted them all together to show the differn't ways he has tried. Not actually running them all in the same script (if so yeah that could be an issue.). Though npc characters always use multiple timeouts&&this.mode=# and still run fine, but in those cases they have differn't circumstances and don't overlap.

Also you really don't need timereverywhere in the script. Since the script just goes thru a 2 second loop switching message Moo to Boo; You only really need one person to run that timeout(the first person that enters the level, then after he leaves the timeout is passed to 2nd person that entered). All players can see npc message.

Yeah HandsUp is right, I posted 4 different scripts to show the different ways ive tried it, and none of these scripts work. So its a bug, aint it. By the way, I find it strange that I seem to be the first one to discover this…