Particle Effects

ok thx to those who added meaningful advice, this thread can be close, I just thought that particle effects where something other then lights but after looking around official and reborn forums theres nothing different except official has a particle effects engine or some shit.

As of yet the is not tutorial on particle effects.

A particle effect is literally what it sounds like, an effect made of particles. The particles in most cases are light2.png with a zoom of less than 1.

One of the most commonly seen “particle lights” is the fountain one in the level attached below. There’s also a spiral (also pretty common) and the one from the other thread (link in my earlier post). What the timeouts are doing is redrawing the lights continuously to produce the effects of movement. In the case of the fountain, the timeout is redrawing them to move up and out, until the maximum y value is reached. Once that occurs, the light moves down then gets replaced somewhere random within the fountain. In the case of the spiral, the lights are swung one way then the other based on the vars at the top of it’s script. For the most part you just need to practice making images move across the screen in the way you want them to.

Have as much fun with this info as possible…

good enuf for me :smiley:

Gonna leave this thread open though, just in case someone else comes along wondering the same thing you were.

No. I’m closing it and thinking about banning Tricxta for incompetence.

Meh, whatever