Phoenix jobs

Who do you think you are? Mr. Balloons for hands?

make it so sometimes you fish old boots or thrash. dont make it like everytime you fish you get something good.

The thing about old boots and trash is last time I checked, they were incapable of being lured by bait.

it’s not about the bait you use

it’s about the length of you’re rod

We had actually considered this, but as easy as the fishing may look, for the sake of the brevity, the video didn’t show how aggravating it can be when fish swim away from the lure or how they will swim just outside of your range. I consider the fishing kind of neat because there is a lot of waiting vaguely reminiscent of real fishing. Also, the fishing doesn’t pay great in Phoenix. It’s kind of a way to get started making money. Therefore, we saw no need to discourage players further by throwing in a boot or other various trash after all the small hurdles you run into already.

I just wanna go whale fishing :<

So you can sell it to japan for a high payout? There’s an idea!

Did you mean Whaling?

Hmmm. Not sure where this is going.

Please try and stay on topic. :slight_smile:

I need beer when I fish

So, cotton mining and lumber have about the same profits?

That is a good question.To be honest, I’m not totally sure what the final payouts will be; nothing is set in stone yet. My initial thought right now is - yes. At least the time:payout ratio will be the same (if not similar enough).

You will be asking yourself: what’s the point? Another good question.

By making all the jobs payout the same we hope to accomplish two goals: Kingdom recruitment and a small crafting system.

Job payouts will be the same for all players, but if you have a kingdom tag you will be able to sell your job assets for more money. So, we have three kingdoms. In each kingdom’s “jurisdiction” (if you will) will be a job. Right now, Cloudrest (near the mountains) has the mining. Artareo (in the forest) has the lumber, and Montefort (near the sea) will have cotton (cotton is subject to change). So, for instance, if you are a member of Artareo and you sell the NPC lumber with your tag on you will receive a higher payout than someone without a tag. Hopefully, this will be an incentive to join this kingdom system we are setting up (along with other things).

We hope to also create a small crafting system. Nothing to the lengths that minecraft or other MMO’s have gone to, but a minor one that will let you obtain a few things you couldn’t otherwise. The crafting will require assets from each job to create a few items. A player could certainly do all the jobs themselves and collect all the items necessary to craft items or the player will have the options to trade/sell their job assets to other players via tradehouse or market respectively. A player could, theoretically, make more money selling cotton to other players than he could to an NPC depending on the demand throughout the community.

That is our plan. We’ll have to do some extensive testing to make sure the time:payout ratio balances out well enough between all the jobs, especially considering the routine a player will go through for each job won’t be the same. We hope, also, that this will help justify having three jobs with similar payouts. Nothing is for sure quite yet as we are still setting up the three major jobs. Right now only mining is completely done. Once we get the others implemented we’ll have a better idea of what the payouts might look like.

sorry to post in old topic. but i just wanted to say. your server is coming along really well! good job :slight_smile:

Thanks man!

Fishing is fun. The player fights himself, making decisions about when and where to cast the lure.

A few random and rare spawns in perhaps special locations would be neat. Some of them could even be unique rewards in themselves.

Ex: Piranhas. Dart around really fast, if you catch one you throw it into an empty bottle. Collect the whole set on the entire server (fill the bottle) and they turn into a player weapon. Yes, I’m suggesting a jar of piranhas as a weapon. Ideally we’d have a mechanic to slow player movement speed while they’re biting… aside from that, not really sure what sort of effect they’d have.

Another could be a glow fish. If turned into a weapon, you get a glow stick.

A Fish costume? Activate in water to swim faster? Maybe with a custom bite attack.

Could make it into a collectors game to catch all the rare fish.

Thanks for the feedback :smiley:

These are things we’ve sort of considered already. Not so specifically, but taking it in an Animal Crossing direction kind of. You’ll have to bear with us for awhile while we focus on getting the basics of (quite literally) everything implemented. I can see fishing expanding beyond what it is, but that may be a long way away.

DartZaider the Damasca huehuehue

:confused2:

http://forums.graal.in/forums/showthread.php?1886-Damasca-quot-the-what-if-quot

Look at you being a detective.

And check it out! All of my posts are gone in that thread. Old wounds, man.