Server Task Force

It’s beyond pathetic that he actually set that up. Were the addresses the same as the Graal servers or something? Otherwise, how did you know it was him?

Regarding the topic we’re sort of ruining, if people were on the Graal The Adventure server, I’d have a hard time refraining from helping more. Whether it’s with ironing out any remaining deficiencies/problems/unknowns in the server software or with developing for the game server itself. As is though, it feels like mostly a waste of effort. (Speaking of research type stuff, I need to talk to you, Cadavre, about that script bytecode.)

I know hosler wasn’t suggesting trying to repopulate an existing server. I’m just extremely partial to the more recent “Classic”. We all know it worked before. I think it has a good amount to offer and plenty of room for expansion.

It’s important that we not get put off or discouraged by terrorism or the threat of terrorism. There are a few things that can be and I am sure are already being done to minimize the effects or attacks, such as blocking IP addresses, ranges and packet types. The packets will still come in and take up bandwidth but they will have little effect on the server resources if blocked by a hardware firewall router. One solution would be to simply have a very powerful server and large amounts of bandwidth and an ISP that can simply block off DDOS attacks. If the listserver could run on a CDN or p2p network that would make all DDOS ineffective. Unfortunately as it stands the listserver even the newest official version Unixmad uses is set up to be ran off one host/IP so it is very susceptible to DDOS no matter who runs it… Unixmad is a dirty little thug, the best way to deal with him is to immediately go nuclear if he even looks at you the wrong way. That “thing” is a cocaine addict, a drunk and suffers severe mental illness, you can’t reason with it the only language he understands is money, stealing from and attacking others for amusement. I doubt he has common sense, but if he realizes the cost of retaliation outweighs any petty attacks he does against us maybe he would leave us alone. We cost him no money even if we got 100 or 1000 users of our own. However if people saw GOATSE and TUBGIRL pictures on the GraalOnline or Eurocenter websites deposited from a SQL Injection maybe they would think not to spend their money on his “products”. It’s a shame when people have to take the law into their own hands, but France has zero respect or enforcement for the rule of law and will let mafia thugs like Unixmad run around and commit any crime without consequence. The only place that is more of a menace to the internet community than France is Estonia. Hopefully that explains why I felt it necessary to get rough, mean and nasty against Unixmad on so many occasions. I am also giving notice that if Unixmad tries anything ever again I will go on the war path against him. He has made a few dozen more enemies and these are not people that will lay back and take it, these are powerful developers like Dave Taylor developer of Abuse http://indiegameproducer.blogspot.com/2009/08/abuse-abuse.html Mark Karpeles “MagicalTux” developer and former GraalOnline staff member that Unixmad screwed over http://blog.magicaltux.net/ . So in addition to my own hell I could rain down on him I can also gather up a posse to finally put this creep down for good. I have not fought or attacked Unixmad or GraalOnline simply out of goodwill and peace, but should it become necessary I will turn on the “Mutually Assured Destruction” option to protect myself and others against unixmad should he do any unprovoked attacks. Enough about that though, we should only worry about that “if and when” the time comes and in the meantime focus on making some good stuff.

K well unixmad is great and all, but everyone get pumped. This thing is about to blow up soon.[COLOR=“Silver”]

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

Linux operating systems have host.deny and a host.allow files that allow you to control which ips can talk to the server.

I thought I was the GR dictator. And motherfuckers must not know about some Bomber Arena, Dreamscape, and GTA. All you need. Go play them.

Should we still be getting pumped?

It’s going to require contributions outside of Phoenix’s staff to get anything started. People will chip in if somebody takes the lead and keeps at it.

I should have something new up this weekend, but it’s not multiplayer so don’t get too excited.

Yes

shoot me a message hosler. i am ready when you are. been working on my server, but i decided i will commit some of my time to this project. so let me know what you need. :slight_smile:

EDIT: ill leave my forum open in a tab. just shoot me a message.

I want to get a list of everyone who is interested. Then we’re gonna have a nice discussion with everyone on the best way to proceed. I don’t want to jump the gun and have this fail.

Excellent. I shall wait patiently then.

Ok. How do you guys feel about this. I will be big daddy boss on this project and have a 2 or 3 developers to do whatever I say. My plan is to set up the pw in separate stages. no overworld/bigmap. Each state has some sort of quest or goal. Also, each stage will only be about 2-3 outside levels, with most of the content being in gameplay and story. The way I see it, i will only need 1 level maker and 1 scripter. I’ll help with scripting, of course, but i’ll make tricxta do most of it.

Does this sound good or bad?

It all sounds good on paper :o But will it work? Beholder did this before I believe with Spooon(Ithink) and it was a GREAT SERVER XD but nobody played it at all :open_mouth: didn’t hold anything etc.

It was a great idea though that’s for sure :] If it had events on it and some other small things involving community maybe that would hold :o? Story + End game stuff is always fun :]

You talking about Zolderon? That was all me with small contributions by Yenario and kalzor.

ill also need people to make up ideas for each stage

No, I’m not talking about Zolderon :stuck_out_tongue: If I was, I would of said Zolderon :o I think everyone here knows about it ahha x]

Trying to remember what you’re thinking of. Racheans?

Sounds fair. You’ll have to wait till i’m back on holidays which will be soon enough I think…

Most of my ideas will come from final fantasy and Indiana Jones movies.

This idea got really far! Great job hosler.

There really does need to be some seriousness put toward something of this nature though.

Good pep talk