Silver/Classic Tab

Ooh. Now that sounds cool.

Maybe even make it possible to achieve gold if you have a high enough ratio. :slight_smile: This system would heavily depend on that all members participates in voting, otherwise if one downvotes and 10 upvotes it would have a ratio of 10. I want to set the bar for gold high, but not too high.

maybe that the server has been online atleast a month and have a high top-players value.

Gold servers don’t have observer mode. Anyone can play them.

___Merged doublepost__________________

Spooon for PWA.

They used to have atleast.

Personally I like the idea of a PWA, but a playermade one. Maybe we can even have it change from a month to month basis, I mean it just seems like voting could be hacked, no matter how it’s done, there’s always a way to change your account, your IP, and your e-mail address and these are the things we depend on to keep it fair.

a PWA just seems like it would function so much better, not to mention be more fair, I mean we have certain players, and dear Graal friends of mine who enjoy flaming other players and shooting down their Graal hopes and dreams. I feel like it needs to be completely fair, same standard for everyone.

Why not combine it? Have a main voting system, and that’s how the servers are determined, but also have a pwa to watch over the system and make sure no-one hacks etc?

The question is how do you tell then? I mean it’s as simple as using a proxy to trick the system. I personally think a PWA would be a great thing, not to mention it’ll keep people in check, I mean I’ve seen a few stolen levels on some servers that only modified the signs. A PWA will eliminate problems like that.

I’m confused, it’s pretty obvious all the servers suck right now, so a good one ought to stand out on its own?

Hey Enigma’s not bad, and is going to be amazing once it’s done being revamped. haha

Just like UN I assume?

Care to elaborate on that statement?

You’re acting just like the UN punks who show up all convinced that just because they’ve got some level pack their server’s going to be amazing. Every time somebody says there’s no content it’s all “what about Bravo, UN, Enigma?” You’re literally working with less than somebody who starts fresh, so running around bragging Enigma as if you’ve actually done anything every other post gets rather annoying.

The Classic tab is currently comprised of:
Kandora–stalled out while Saputo waits for somebody to magically show up and make it
Testbed–an open-dev server that anybody can use to test stuff online
Enigma-- The current old server somebody’s hosting and making a few updates to
Vinland-- Random server project from last year, only thing special is a buggy mail delivery job

So there’s basically nothing interesting up and nothing in actual development. Beholder’s more likely to get a couple more servers on the Gold tab before Downsider finishes something and that will be it. If a classic server’s going to do any good it’s going to need an entirely new enemy/item/quest/minigame set and some level of regular maintenance.

Okay so first off I’m saying Enigma is DECENT I was going to revamp everything that was already there but now I’m starting a whole new project. But I mean Who are you to say that it’s not good?

if someone did hack onto silver or gold tab, wouldn’t people notice if it a) doesn’t have content or b) was contained stolen files?

Does it matter?

I say Enigma isn’t good, and VariousWeapon just said the same thing I’ve been saying for the past three years.

Of course :-D… :dangerless:

Spooon stfu (<3) your one of the main inspirations for Enigma Reborn!

So? They’re probably getting shot down for a reason. Crap will not be part of the silver and gold tabs, that’s it. I don’t think someone would downvote if they liked the server and it would serve its purpose.

You would of course need to be logged in to vote, and all votes gets logged, so if there’s suddenly 50 more users and all of them up-/downvotes a server, then it’s going to be fixed.

That’s sorta what I was gettin at before