Supreme Commander 2

Is awesome. If you jerked yourself off to Supreme Commander 1 daily, you may or may not enjoy it.

Why? The economic model was changed. It was simplified in order to make it easier for the small brained to understand. Instead of a complex system of mass and energy gain/drain, the whole drain portion was axed. Instead of distributing the resources earned each second amongst all working engineers, they have replaced it with a credit system. If you want to build something, you must pay the full price for the item up front, then send one engineer off to build it. You can no longer have 50 engineers rush build something in a couple seconds.

Gas Powered Games has also removed the whole tier system. Instead of upgrading your factories to build more powerful units, you instead earn “research points.” Your ACU will slowly accumulate RP over time. You can build research facilities, or kill enemy units to get RP faster. You can then use your RP to improve your units, or unlock new ones.

Essentially, this all boils down to a different gameplay experience, with a bigger focus on commanding your army, instead of building an economy.

If you want to compare SupCom 2 with any other RTS, I’ve seen a few people say the best comparison is with C&C: Generals.

IGN video review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwYVDiZpKuY

My computer has trouble running a flash video when it’s streaming and playing at the same time. Nah, I’m not going to try out SupCom, nor will I try out SupCom 2. It will kill my computer.

Would like to try it some time though. Although RTS isn’t for me. I’m good at FPS :slight_smile: Was a mid/high player on FEAR for a year or so.

Every computer has that problem, no matter how powerful it is. ADOBE Flash sucks ass in the newer versions. I have a 3GHz quad-core CPU and 8GB of RAM, and Firefox still chugs when playing YouTube videos sometimes. When that happens I have to switch to Google Chrome, because Flash plays better with it.

What are your computer settings? SupCom 2 is a LOT smoother than the first one. I can almost play it on my laptop, with a dual-core AMD Turion CPU (I think it is around 2GHz) and an ATI Radeon HD 3100 mobile GPU (it sucks.) Try the demo to see how well it works.