Since @Proles is a reference to 1984 I guess he would be interested in reading this article:
http://www.theatlantic.com/education…n-2016/508226/

It’s a great article… took me 3 days to get through it though, short attention span, way too short attention span. If anyone else likes reading about how teachers run their classes, the link is there.

I have to say it seems today’s kids don’t seem to understand that the world will inevitably be handed to them in the future. Makes me unwell.

Will we experience a shortage of competent engineers?

EDIT:
Apparently, I misread the username X_X.
Anyway, have a nice read.

I believe there will be a shortage on educated / skilled individuals in general not limited to engineers or any specific profession. I attribute this to the pathetic failure know as public education. In the US teachers only educate one way based on a standardized test. There should never be a single standard as everyone learns differently. It’s like judging every animal on their ability to climb a tree. There is no telling how many have fallen through the cracks of our broken system that had we not failed to reach them may have gone on to contribute incredible things to the human race.

western education is so bad. I finally had enough of being taught in pretty much every class how terrible and evil my ancestors are.

I think my university did an ok job.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

In Washington State particularly in King and Snohomish Counties aka Cuckganistan aka North Cuckrea most of the so called “teachers” literally say things like “Kid’s don’t need to learn how to read, write, do math or think in any way because the computer will do it for them.” There are op-ed pieces and comments in major papers and websites with teachers saying that. Most schools in the United States particularly in the ultra libtard areas are little more than Communist brainwashing centers. Thus you end up with certain people who merely throw fits and attack the messenger instead of wanting to investigate or debate the message itself. i.e. the special snowflakes screaming about how the President Donald J. Trump who has five decades of business and professional experience and was never a racist somehow now is a racist or how popular Journalists with over two decades of experience and are consistently proven right/true such as Alex Jones or Matt Drudge are called tinfoil hats or conspiracy theorists. The dumb brain addled children throwing fits and reacting to them like witches to holy water or vampires to crosses is proof that critical thinking and intellect was flushed down the toilet for most people long, long ago.

This is what they want for “education” in the future https://twitter.com/ndebock/status/7…749953/photo/1

Short answer is yes.

We already are, not due to lack of qualified people, but due to policy and fraud.

We have colleges/universities un-ironically teaching Twitter and Facebook as CompSci courses while ignoring things like the OSI model, the TCP/IP stack, TIA/EIA standards or even basic electronics such as ohm’s law or mathematics such as the Pythagorean Theorem.

Those that are highly qualified such as myself and some others here are completely ignored and passed up for Pajeets in india and it’s not because they are smarter or work for cheaper; they don’t even have basic literacy and know nothing about what they are even working on. Ultimately if they actually want something that works they end up paying 10 to 100 times more for 100 copy/paste pajeet monkeys than just one white guy that could do the job right the first time in 1/100th the time for 1/100th the cost one common example is the ObamaCare healthcare.gov site and CGI Federal, other examples include the fraudulent Connect America Fund and the SmartGrid project, all of which are 100% frauds and need to be shut down, investigated and undone.

Though the U.S. Government itself is actually the largest purveyor of off-shoring, hiring unqualified people, wasting money and fraud, this problem exists everywhere. I personally see so much messed up garbage even on major websites and software because of this nonsense. Some of this egregiousness is due to idiocy, but a majority of it is intentional.

They don’t want qualified people that can finish the job.

If they can just keep getting more money for screwing up and doing badly why would they end the gravy train of incompetence and corruption?

How much more egregiousness, corruption and idiocy can we get before the whole system crashes in on itself?

I quite frankly am amazed that anything in the U.S. still functions at this point, though it is visibly starting to degrade and break down before our very eyes…

The United States and other so called 1st world nations won’t make it until 2020 without looking like Nigeria, North Korea or worse, many places in so called 1st world countries are already indistinguishable from the very worst pictures of 3rd world hellholes “this is being done intentionally”. spend more money, cut more jobs, reduce the standard of living for everyone, it is by design…

There is a backlash against this but even if Donald Trump, Nigel Farage, Marie Le Pen and others make an impact and actually fight this, it’s going to take many years to undo this scorched earth. We as a free people cannot tolerate thieves and liars any longer if we want to remain a free people and regain the freedoms we have lost over the last 30 years. Do not give money to Microsoft, Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon, Twitter or any of the other fascists. If possible stop paying taxes and giving money to the beast, they lie to you, it’s time to lie to them and fight them, cut them off and make them wither and die.

I can’t even go 5 minutes without seeing a new story about this incompetence exploding in their faces and proving my points.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/hacked-app…ystem-crashes/

and the rest of my message fell into a black hole just like my attempt to copy paste the nigeria letter…

alas the details/story is in the link. It reinforces the point I make about incompetence and corruption being systemic and our whole infrastructure about to hit the shitter.

The whole internet of things and “smart” nonsense needs to be fought and thrown in the trash immediately. There is literally no reason for power/water/transportation, infrastructure or private details to be connected to the internet, this was and is a terrible idea that is going to continue to cost/waste billions and trillions of taxpayer dollars and end up causing many outages and vulnerabilities.