updating a script that's already a weapon

Ok, I think I’m getting a handle on things here. So after poking around in some other threads I have come to understand that there are “weapon”.txt files that contains stuff like:

GRAWP001
REALNAME -gr_movement
IMAGE wbomb1.png
SCRIPT
// blah blah
SCRIPTEND

I also noticed someone say something about how in the gserver startup log you can see “loading weapons…” and then a list of weapons that the gserver “knows” about. But I don’t see any even though I have “file weapons/*” in my folder configuration and I’ve made a file “weapon-system.txt” and included the above code (and just some dumb test code to see if the system weapon is attached to me).

What do I have to do to make a text file in my gserver folder be recognized by the gserver as a “weapon” (that the defaultuser account could have for example)?

…For the love of crap just put a weapon in a level
if(playerenters) toweapons Weaponnamehere;

GServer will handle the rest for you.
Then you go in and edit your defaultaccount.txt to have that new weapon.
After that, you can delete the weapon from the level, then restart the server.

or better yet- just put the damn weapon in the onlinestartlocal.nw, going under the logic everyone visits it, no?

he just got told. Ooooooo

Why the fuck don’t people listen to me?! I put the most important shit in OSL for everyone to get the update ASAP.

Yay!

I thought the problem with that was that in order for everyone to get the updated weapon after I fix something months later, they’d have to re-visit that level.

Sorry for asking so many questions. Maybe I should just poke around the gserver code to figure out how everything works.

make it so if the version doesn’t match up they get sent to osl. sheesh.

A person can only obtain a weapon, if they don’t already have that weapon
Once a player obtains a weapon, the weapon is updated/cached
If a weapon is updates and cached, all players are forced an update of that weapon.

fax a weapon update request to the server admin

Took you 10 days to come up with that one? smart-ass smirk

you gotta be meticulous about what you say on these forums or else some troll will target you. 10 days is a good thinking period.

I’m beginning to pick up on that.

The raging flames keeps the stupid questions to a minimum… it’s not a bad community strategy… if you’re ok with being a tremendous dickhead :wink:

You get used to being a dick to the n000bs over time. :stuck_out_tongue: