What would your favorite game maker be like?

I like hpw straightforward graal is, no hidden obscure options. My favorite game maker is graal, but it needs improvements, especially in the way it manages npcs moving from a level to another. I hear it’s been done with the npc server thing so honestly I’m not sure what would be a real upgrade. Thus, this thread.

How so?

My favourite game maker would know its mission ( i.e. okay! let’s make a zelda-esque styled game) and do its best to make transparent any processes I need not know about. However at the same time it should offer me the flexibility to implement whatever I wish, should I choose to in as elegant manner as possible.

Wow, after some research I was far behind the big players.

I’ve just found out that unity has a store on which people can sell templates and assets they create.
I’ve also stumbled upon a reddit thread where the creator of some templates and assets claimed making like 4k/month with those.

I don’t really care what I use as long as it is efficient. Simple programs that stutter for no real reason just because of extra features bother me.