When is NPC-Server coming?

I talked about if WE got a NPC-Server it would probably be GS2. :stuck_out_tongue:

GS2 is a lot better than GS1; althrough, many people disagree just because they don’t like change.

GS2 is more powerfull and is more up to date. GS1 feels like the 90’s. GS2 feels like now.

Better than nothing xD
cracks the whip
Get to work, LUA boy!!

Seconded, lua ftw

That sounds like an interesting idea, but how would it function with RC and scripts?

Well with RC we might be able to get the NPC-Server buttons working properly or you could just edit them as text files from the file browser.

With scripts the lua code would only be used for serverside things but can interact with the client by sending back data like where NPCs are, what image they have, sending them information in GS1 callbacks. It’d work just think that the server handles all the code and it just sends back what happens as a result to the client in a way it would understand.

Nalin is looking at initially implementing Lua and then MonkeyScript and from then who knows :stuck_out_tongue:
He did tell me that it will be possible to code things that change the way the gserver works (i.e. custom serverside triggeractions, a la official Graals Control-NPC) and handles packets. I’m not sure how much of this you will see in an initial release though.

[spoiler=Chat on IRC with Nalin regarding plans for the new server]
Click here to join IRC

I have to ask
hey
how is triggeraction data sent to the server
would it be possible to implement some commands using triggeraction
like how on official graal they had triggeraction serverside
o.o
void CPlayer::msgTRIGGERACTION(CPacket& pPacket)
could we not have stuff like
What are you two planning?
trigggeraction serverside,addtoguild,Bleh,Agret,Agret;
Currently, it just repackages the triggeraction and sends it to everybody in the level.
to add people to a guild
Agret: It is possible to do that.
I get it now
I don’t want to mess with that, though.
whys that?
Been busy. I just want to get build 59 out so I can work on the new gserver.
ah ok
lol
will that stuff be rewritten
complete re-write?
In the new gserver, you will be able to do stuff like create a script that binds into the triggeraction packet.
oh ok
And you can re-script how the gserver handles it.
that is cool
will that be through lua
So if you wanted to, you could script triggeraction to do that.
or through a different language
Agret: Initially, yeah.
an npc server work around?
so it’s a basic fake npc-server
But I am thinking about how to implement many different languages.
well you can look at
So if somebody wanted to make a Monkeyscript module, they could do it.
the way its done currently
with //#CLIENTSIDE
you could have like
//#MONKEYSCRIPT
//#CLIENTSIDE-LUA
you’re trying to impliment new languages or somthing in the game?
Nitro: Well, one option was to make an NPC-Server that doesn’t use gscript.
Like, make an NPC-Server that has server-side scripts in Lua.
it seems like the easiest solution
plus it’d be more powerful than the current gscript
im hoping we can get support for the newer clients in
but then we have to do an annoying task
of mapping our script engines to the gs2 packets
for stuff like GUIs
The new gserver will be designed to easily allow multiple encryption/packet schemes and to allow gserver script extensions.
well that’s good
how much of it have you coded so far
i assume its OOP?
<-- Nitro has quit (Ping timeout)
and are script extensions loaded from files or are they compiled into the server
Loaded from files.
So you can alter the behavior of the server just be editing a few files while it is running.
New scripting engines will probably be .dll files that are loaded when the server starts.
[/SPOILER]

Is this ever happening? ;o

Never.

I wasn’t whining O.o I was just telling him the truth. And thanks for unbanning me, “Mystery Man”

so whats the update? im happy to donate. you should organize a paypal acct to collect donations.

We should. Why haven’t we done that yet? Oh, right, because it would probably cause legal trouble for some reason. We can always settle this stuff in PM’s. The one you should donate to is Nalin because he’s currently doing all the work. So send Nalin a PM. :slight_smile:

Never.

07-20-2008, 06:33 PM - strykez3r0

Why the hell do you reply to old posts and then bump it? >_>

I just copied one of my old posts.

I don’t think “donations” could cause any legal troubles. We are not “buying” your services. . or paying you for something.

We are just giving you money. Thus it being a donation. :smiley:
So we aren’t buying products, services, utilities, items, and blah.

Thus Unixmad having nothing to hold against you. (If that is the reason)
lol I don’t know if I’m correct, but I’m damn sure. lol Should check up on that at least.

I agree, could someone explain the situation in full concerning the future development of graal reborn and the npc server

Future Development:
GServer - What we find, when we feel like it. Nalin has been doing the blunt of it for past 6~8 months now? (Woo, go Nalin!)
NPC Server - Joey has gotten it to the part where it requests to handle all NPCs off of the GServer; But the part where we’ve stopped is what makes up the brains of the NPC Server, it’s parser.

NPC Server is generally on indefinite hold till a break through happens (The one where we have a parser and all we have to do is remap everything.)

As for the development of ‘Graal Reborn’ as a whole, its a group effort, lacking effort.

I would like to be able to help, but I’m not even close to as good as you are on C/C++. My main focus is the site, and improve it. But even that I don’t have time for and/or lack of motivation.

I would like to help but i have basic programming skills, so instead why dont we donate and we hire some dude to work with you?