Aura

Hi I am new to scripting and I was wondering if someone can create a aura for me, I saw one on the forums but they removed the gani so it isn’t working. :frowning:

It’s ideally done via gani script. So here’s a very simple example.

aura.gani

GANI0001
SPRITE    0         SPRITES    0    0    2    2 shadow

DEFAULTHEAD head19.png
DEFAULTBODY body.png

SCRIPT
if (playerenters || timeout){
  if (!lighteffectsenabled){
    return;//don't bother running this aura for people with their lights turned off
  }

this.grow = (this.grow+0.1);

showimg 300,light4.png,x-2.5,y-2;//we use x and y as we're referring to the placement of the gani, not the player!
  changiemgcolors 300,1,1,1,0.5;
  changeimgzoom 300,0.5+sin(this.grow)*0.5;

timeout = 0.05;
}
SCRIPTEND

ANI
   0  12  34
   0  12  34
   0  12  34
   0  12  34
ANIEND

I purposely gave you a basic one so you wouldn’t be tempted to run with mine. Have fun!

Thanks for the help but when I try using it, it makes me invisible :(.

Lights off for life.

Ahh sorry, I forgot to mention. What you generally do is have a helper weapon that displays this gani for your player.

if (playerenters && !isweapon)toweapons aura;

if (weaponfired){
  this.on = 1- this.on;
  if (this.on == 1){
    timeout = 0.05;
  }
}

if (timeout){
  showani 1,playerx,playery,playerdir,gani,;
  if (this.on == 1)timeout = 0.05;
  else hideimg 1;
}

We can also send parameters through our showani statement to provide some kinda customisation system.
Another thing to take note of is that weapons that use an image index of < 250(I think…) will be shown serverside, the rest clientside, don’t bother with too many images as this is quite laggy.

Edit: Never mind, it lets me walk around with the aura now, but the aura just shows as “light2.png” Instead of a glow :(!

I believe you made a spelling error, I will see if this is the fix :D! brb

Yer, it was a test! You didn’t think i’d give you the answer straight out, did you?

I fixed the spelling mistake and i still didn’t work though :frowning: ugh now idk what to do! :frowning:

rofl fuck you tricxta you fucking liar

The teaching style has evolved again. Now it’s “better learning through broken scripts.”

No, I mean that he didn’t make the typo on purpose.

No!! Press B Press B :open_mouth:

I changed the typo, and the whole thing was fixed. Also, you know how?

@OP
The solution still requires that you have knowledge of GS1, and that you replace words where need be, I’ve just given you the base.

Trollcxta…