Classic Veterans: I need info on the Swordmaster / Black Rupee Quest

Hi guys!

I need some info on an old quest, the SwordMaster / Black Rupee quest. I believe it used to be in Graal Castle, but i’m not even sure if it’s still accessible, and I haven’t played it online, only found it within the levels folder and linked it to the wrong quest a long time ago.

I’d like to put it back where it belongs, but i’m not quite sure where that is, so if any of you know where it should go, what were the conditions for accessing it, what the reward was, etc., i’d be happy to fix it and make it accessible!

Thanks guys!

I’ve never played that version of Classic.

well I guess if you didn’t we can all be sure nobody else in the entire world has played it

If Thor happens to see this he could give an answer, but nobody else on the forums would know.

Not that Crono is on this forum, but would he know?

There was an outside level for it where onnet is now, before it was moved to graal castle. I believe the prize was a fullheart but I am not entierly sure. I think last time I checked the quest was over ten years ago and the quest could have been edited by me or the friend who gave me the levels.

Oh well, i’ll try to fit it somewhere anyways then!

Thanks guys

I know this is pretty old, but I actually PMed you in-server about this last night, heh.

You’ve got the quest and everything all in the right spot (I have an older offline version of the maps from 1.3 and it is indeed there in Graal Castle), but the quest reward is missing! The script is still there for the knight to move out of the way, but there’s no chest behind him. Checking the map I have (and some older FAQs online), the reward is in fact a full heart. Only other thing I can think of is in the initial quest, you also have to take a short detour into the left hallway to claim a key next to the two huge swords before you can go down the right hall towards the boss. In the current online map there’s no door or key, so the side room is pointless and it’s easier to get to the boss. Not a big deal, but just thought I’d mention it.

Speaking of, I’m going through a list of some of my older map backups and various FAQs I can find online to compare what items are inaccessible/missing/etc. in the current online map compared to what was all ever available over the course of the old game. If you want some help, I’d love to help fix maps and add missing stuff back in! Or, at the very least, tell you what I find.

I’d very much like to work with you!
I’m going to try to fix this quest whenever I can!