I just finished the game again, and realize the bosses are much harder than Lufia II. Ended up getting killed a couple of times towards the end since I didn’t really give any of those speed potions to Jerin, wasn’t able to keep Mirror up on everyone.
Oh god…As much as I like Breath of Fire II, the translation fucking screwed me over. I remember having to help people on gamefaqs when they ported it over to the Wii VC.
I also hated fighting bosses in Breath of Fire I, seems like they never die.
I don’t know…I mean usually there are items that aloud you to avoid random encounters. In Lufia I it would be the Sweet Water. Of course, this stuff helps when you don’t want to be overrpowered when you’re ready to fight the final boss.
I played that one alot more, it seemed to have that polished feeling that Lufia I didn’t have. Maybe I didn’t finish it because every time I would get that Ruby Rock in that tower my game would get erased cause the battery was dying.
I didn’t even know Soul Blazer was part of the line O.o I have played all those games.
I still think Lufia I is better, sure it has nothing that goes ‘oh wow’ or ‘I can’t believe they did that’ or anything moments but it’s still pretty good for being early in the SNES era. The one thing that annoys me is how Lufia I is a sequel to Lufia II seems they pulled a Star Wars there.
SNES had a game called Lufia: The Fortress of Doom where a hero named _____ (that’s supposedly you) is on a journey to destroy the Sinistrals. The evil presence destroys towns and commands an army of evil. The warriors Maxim, Guy, Arty, and Selan destroyed the Sinistrals (Maxim and Selan sacrificed themselves (I think that’s right..)) to protect the world and their child (That’s you) from the Sinistrals. They died but got ressurected and now you are on a journey (With your friend Lufia, I think) to destroy them again before they cause any more damage than they already have.