Easier account sign up or sign up on the main page.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before, But i know some “outside graal reborn community” players who wanted to play on my server, are getting extremely confused with the sign up.

Now i know its simple, but some people find it hard to navigate the forums to find how to get an account, as well as download the latest client. I know i did when i first came here.

I was wondering, maybe on the main page of www.graal.in, we could have a section to download the main graal clients to play, as well as just an account sign up page for the game account and not a forum account. or both in one.

Its hard to promote my server, when people have a hard time navigating through forums, or for people who are not usually on forums.

Just a suggestion, it would be a lot easier in my opinion if it was on the main page.

just sign up on forums and click on link at top of forums to activate your account. or go into the usercp and click on the activate account button in the left menu.

And this one: http://forums.graal.in/forums/showthread.php?17-Graal-client-downloads!
How else would you get into the game?

You would be suprised how many people love the concept of an online zelda game. once i have my server up to a respectable status, i have a fair amount of people coming over to play it. :)[COLOR=“Silver”]

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 AM ----------

[/COLOR]And as you said, i know where those links are (obviously lol), i just ment maybe even having direct links to them on the main page, as their is little to no navigation leading to explaining what graal reborn is, where do they sign up, and where do they download lol :slight_smile:

I agree with pixelghost. It’s not the case that the links don’t exist or that it is impossible to sign up. It’s just that GR is very unfriendly to those who don’t have any familiarity with Graal whatsoever. That is understandable given the origins and original mission of Graal Reborn. However, it will/can be a problem for developers of GR knowing that the way in which the website is structured discourages non-Graalians from joining or even becoming slightly familiar with what Graal is or what the purpose of GR is as well.

I almost didn’t join to be honest. THAT’S how confusing it is.

Needs to be easier. We need an FAQ for it.
:\ watch now Riley will do it…

The site used to be easier to register at and so on until we switched to vbulletin in 2007 that fucked up the main page. I rewrote it for vbulletin 3, it worked but still wasn’t easy to navigate. When we upgraded to vbulletin 4 everything broke and I haven’t been arsed to fix it Ever since.