Editting Posts

Sometimes when I try to quick edit a post or “go advanced” (detailed edit) nothing shows up in the text box and I cannot edit the post. No sure if it’s just Firefox being gay or something like that. Anyone else get this shit? I’ve had it happen a few time tonight.

I’ve noticed in some cases elements of the forum including the post edit box have been slow to load, but ultimately they all work just fine. It’s probably Firefox. Not sure which version you’re using but I’ve found “Firefox 17” to be horribly glitchy and broken to an unbearable level. Such as random lockups, and crashing at random. It will often close itself upon opening and getting it to run properly even on a basic page is like playing a game of whackamole… According to the mozilla support pages I am far from alone in these issues and it’s affecting all OSes it’s ported to including Linux. It should have never even been classified as a beta much less the “official” release on the main page… I keep a copy of 3.6.28 around and usually use it for most things, it never crashes, uses far less resources, and it’s way less ugly http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php?old_firefox=7369 . As a general rule of thumb when a piece of software goes from a normal version scheme such as 1.1.x and 1.2.x to a bizarre version scheme with no reasoning other than to attract morons such as VERSION 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17, SUPER VERSION 2012! it usually means the software has gone to crap in terms of quality.

Sometimes slow to load the editor bar, but text transfers properly from page to page. I use IE8 on Winxp x64.