Firefox is literally spyware now.

This is why I use Pale Moon, WaterFox or ungoogled chromium or older versions of things “sometimes even Netscape”
The last truly good, clean and uncucked FireFox was way back at 3.6.28 before they fired Brendan Eich for solely SJW/Political reasons and started jumping 10 versions every month among other things… I see the writing on the wall with things like this years before others and jump ship.
https://drewdevault.com/2017/12/16/Firefox-is-on-a-slippery-slope.html

[quote]For a long time, it was just setting the default search provider to Google in exchange for a beefy stipend. Later, paid links in your new tab page were added. Then, a proprietary service, Pocket, was bundled into the browser - not as an addon, but a hardcoded feature. In the past few days, we?ve discovered an advertisement in the form of browser extension was sideloaded into user browsers. Whoever is leading these decisions at Mozilla needs to be stopped.

Here?s a breakdown of what happened a few days ago. Mozilla and Fox Entertainment did a ?collaboration? (read: promotion) for the TV show Mr. Robot. It involved sideloading a sketchy browser extension which will invert text that matches a list of Mr. Robot-related keywords like ?fsociety?, ?robot?, ?undo?, and ?fuck?, and does a number of other things like adding an HTTP header to certain sites you visit.

This extension was sideloaded into browsers via the ?experiments? feature. Not only are these experiments enabled by default, but updates have been known to re-enable it if you turn it off. The advertisement addon shows up like this on your addon page, and was added to Firefox stable. If I saw this before I knew what was going on, I would think my browser was compromised! Apparently it was a mistake that this showed up on the addon page, though - it was supposed be be silently sideloaded into your browser!
[/quote]

shame firefox went downhill. they were pretty good back in the day. I still have some stickers from them back when I entered in their video contest.

im still gonna use it

http://toastytech.com/good/index.html
I myself was/am a fan of old Netscape/Gecko/Fire/Bird/Mozilla up to 3.x it was light and clean no nonsense browsing which was a fantastic alternative to I.E./Microsoft back in the day. One positive thing is that Mozilla source was and is available and thus it has been forked off into several alternative projects such as Pale Moon, WaterFox, SeaMonkey, Iridium ect, ect…

Once politics and SJW nonsense, sponsorships and politics. enters a project and takes priority over quality it’s time to use something else or stay on the older version. If the republicans/right/whatever or anyone else did this practice I would decry it just the same, but alas they don’t "or at least I can’t find any significant examples. It’s almost always just the Left/SJWs ruining everything and shitting up products and projects until they become literally useless and ironically the antithesis of the definition of the word/term “liberal”.

That’s your right and choice. Just remember slippery slopes can get real lubey. I would not be surprised to see Firefox 57+ users browsing history shared with advertisers, movie execs and even appearing on that new “HomoRobo” or whatever TV show.

wtf I hate firefox now

All I use firefox for is to connect to www.messenger.com. It’s the application I use for chat. It’s all it is good for it seems.

By the way, thanks for the update Hosler. vBulletin stopped cropping text after unrecognized characters and now replaces them with question marks (Y).