GR-PW Preview

Here’s a little preview for you.

its too straight for a zelda-styled pw :frowning:

It’s not Zelda styled, it’s Sentinel styled, lol. :stuck_out_tongue: We’re using Sentinel stuff because it works well, and it shouldn’t be wasted. Beholder has, also, fixed some broken GANI’s so we’ll use those as well.

I think it looks cool so far (from the limited amount you can see in the screenie), nice

I don’t want to spoil too much. The OSL on GRPW is a really old one constructed for the GServer we used at the beginning (2004-2005). That one never got a public release for lots of reasons.

Lol? Can’t find/do your own material work instead of basing it off Sentinel? I smell a sequel.

Oh shit! Royalties!

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention. I can tell it also has the Waffles style level setup. >_>;

So that means…two sequel’s! I can’t to review this in the future like I did for Waffles…More pictures, yes?

tits or gtfo

(I’m sure it’s gonna look good, when it’s finished.)

I noticed Sentinel would slow down Graal to about half-speed when in a maximized window on my rig here (Vista32, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.0 GHz, Geforce 8800 GT, 4GB RAM). All the other servers I tried were fine. Sentinel ran fine in a window until it was stretched to a certain size. I think fullscreen ran full speed too. I’m thinking if this playerworld uses the same lighting system/other scripts Sentinel had, then I’ll have the same problem.

Suck for you!!

As Nalin said, this graal version isnt optimized to run under windows Vista.

hell, Windows XP wasnt even around when this version was released I think.

and if a server makes client run slow when maximized/fullscreen…dont go max/fullscreen, only time I ever run graal maximized is when im levelmaking. other than that, I stay in the default 640x480 window mode, and I run my computer at max resolution it supports 1280 x 1024. i run my laptop max resolution it supports too

We’re doing our own material, but we borrow stuff that’s done and unnecessary to do again. Beholder and Nalin is GR-PW’s scripters but they’re always too lazy to do something. So I either ask Nalin or Beholder to borrow scripts.

Overworld is totally based off our own minds. And, GR-PW will have quests! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahah, if we even get that far. Help is appreciated. :smiley:

Beats the hell out of the OSL that ships with it, I want my uber OSL redistributed! PUT IT ON SVN, DO IT!!! :stuck_out_tongue: But remove the shitty NPCs from it, they were just for testing.