Graal 2001 setting?

the elevator up to bogenera doesnt work, how do you /crash/ an npc server?

cant do much, I just ran into a whole sprites image instead of a normal npc using part of it

Ok, that explains the lights. Also, do any of the weapons with serverside scripts function properly?

Just by playing and making the npc-server do stuff. Try initiating actions that send different types of packets. Maybe a null pointer will get accessed? Who knows?

Are there 2 different NPC-Servers in development?

mine is being coded in C#, agrets is working on the c++ one

The Gold tab isn’t a place for testing, if you remember the discussions in the PWA threads. If Graal 2k1 is going to be in the Gold tab then all of the other completed Classic servers should be on Gold too. And I believe that makes the Gold tab a lot less special.

Now, please remove Graal 2001 from the Gold tab and to the Classic/Silver tab where it should be, Mr. Important Admin.

How bout hidden?

That would be the more appropriate place, but I think Joey feels “his” server is too special to be hidden.

I don’t give two shits about your “pwa” rules, and I don’t even agree on its existence. I don’t think anyone of the admins but marlon wants it there (and for what, i don’t even know… we’re capable enough to recode a gserver, then we’re very much capable of telling everyone that they have no content and don’t deserve a “gold” or “classic” tab).

Now, thanks for ignoring me when I said I need people to see if the npc-server can stand people logging in, and walking around (having newly-discovered levels add to the npcs on the entire server etc…). now fuck off

O_o Honestly, if the majority of the staff don’t want there to be a PWA then why is there one… as far as I’m concerned we are apparently not needed as the staff feel they can do the job themselves (even though spoon is the only one i see regularly on client looking at the servers)

Suit yourself, you spoiled-rotten boy. (Final Fantasy Tactics reference ftw)

i’m spoiled rotten for trying to work on an npc-server?

I never said that. I’m extremely excited that a NPC-Server is being worked on, and I thank you and everyone working on it for that. But it shouldn’t be on the Gold tab.

You’re an admin! Make a thread asking people to hop on the server and try it out. You don’t need to use the Gold tab to lure people in.

It doesn’t hurt, and it catches the eye of those who don’t go on the forums.

most of the time people don’t bother surfing the forums to find these posts before they start playing (they just come on forums long enough to set up an account password)

It pulls attention off of servers that deserve a playercount. Luring in players that aren’t aware of the NPC-Server being there won’t help you test it. If you get people who are specifically looking for problems and not looking for a fun server to play I believe you will find the process more efficient.

Most people who try to debug try the usual things to crash or break things (like buffer overflows, or code injection etc… - even though neither of those are really a problem with my situation) rather then stupid stuff like running through every level over time and having the npc-server manage 10000 npcs at once. etc

Suit yourself, you spoiled-rotten boy. :wink:

have people be able to have staff boots temporarily so they arnt blocked by broken npcs (lights, etc) and can just speed through the levels, loading the npc’s etc…would be faster than normal exploration

well, i mean a lot of levels have been done already. i fixed the Draisine to work, basic adding of the weapon worked well too - showing/hiding… theres only two known problems so far.

• The thread that iterates through levels/npcs for timeouts needs to lock the other thread because when a new level is added to the list - it causes an exception.

• Compiling of npcs is slow, slow in that a dozen npcs can be compiled within a second… but thats not fast enough to be loading 200 levels – takes about 5m. On top of that, it freezes run time during compilation.