Guild Script

I want players have the ability to manage there own guild costs players and everything would any one mind helping me start this? Npc based maybe gui. I’m new to this and most of it makes no since .-. i know a bit but nothing able to do this…

If any one would layout the things i would need to do to make this thanks!

For guild control.

And I made a gui tutorial but it went somewhere and I can’t find it… To make guis, basically use showimg and then your standard choice of either keyboard our mouse input. Look at commands.rtf eitherway.

do the guild text update as soon as you save them, or is there some command you need to run via rc/triggerhack to load it?

Not sure exactly what you mean, but I don’t think there’s anything extra you have to do. I’ve played with these features in the past and guild changes were applied immediately without the need for an extra call. So I think the answer to your question is yes.

I checked and the guild files are not made or changed it just affects your name ?? Maybe it does some sort of change while you play like teams its not permninate? I don’t think

Do this
[php]
if (playerchats && startswith(/join guild,#c)){
setstring this.guild,#t(#e(12,strlen(#c)-12,#c));
triggeraction 0,0,gr.addguildmember,#s(this.guild),#a,#n;
}
[/CODE]

and tell me if it generates the text file entry you’d expect. I think you were just using the setguild triggerhack.

Nope? Nothing happened?.. I have to go. Ill be on tomorrow to work on this more hmm…

Is gr.addguildmember enabled in server options?

Forgot that part :C

Confirmed:

if (playerchats){
  if (!startswith(/join,#c))return;

setstring this.guild,#T(#e(6,strlen(#c)-6,#c));
  triggeraction 0,0,gr.addguildmember,#s(this.guild),#a,#n;
  setplayerprop #c,Joined guild #s(this.guild).;
}

It generates the actual text guild file. I feel like I’ve wasted time now.

Thanks man! It worked!