Hello I'm back.

hi, you might remember me from awhile back, i was the guy that tried to start the poorly named playerworld called epic of graal,
well, im back, reasted and ready to start work on the playerworld again
but i know that i am very unable to get anything working with my knowledge at this point, and that advertising help wanted on a server will get you flooded with everyone wanting a job. and it is proving a problem starting this thing myself mainly because of my lack of knowledge in coding

i would like help putting together a small team to help me this time around. since i have never put together a team before (obliviously) i have no idea how to go about it.

i hope i am not being picky, but i would like people with forum rep so that i can rest assured leaving my server open and dedicated all the time.

any help with assembing a team, or even if you would like to be on the team, it would be appreciated.

the topic for epic of graal is here http://forums.graal.in/forums/showthread.php?p=67667#post67667

and please, no requests to be a normal admin, i need to get the thing running before i need people to manage the comunity.

Holy crap dude, I found this new document in my GraalReborn folder called commands.rtf! You should look at it. (This one has fixed showani documentation!) Also found this sweet scripting guide Alex made. (Just trying to help you with your scripting.)

Scripting Guide

ya, i know about that, its just getting anything more than just changing something on spawn is hard for me, because i have no programing experience to, believe me, i tried to do my own coding, but it rarely worked. but thank anyhow :slight_smile:

but if you know of any simple coding tutorials please share :smiley: all help is appreciated after all

If people did help you how would you contribute to the server? If your one of those people who think being a manager and bossing around your staff members is a job just tell us here so we can get a good idea of wether we want to actually help… Also please tell us something about the server, where its going, why we should help you as apposed to the guy next door etc…

i was not planning on bossing peaple around, i would contenue contributing to the server the best i could, hopefully picking up coding skills of my own by working with them. i would never just sit back and expect the others to take care of stuff. i want peaple to help me, not peaple i can order around.

i want this to be a collaboration, not a job.

also, in the link to the main thread, i want to make a great, fun server. i was planning on multible regions, (each big map would be a region, when i get my server up, you will see the first overworld has exits at the bottom, that is a opining for more regions) and lots of items.

that is where the main roadblock is, i am not good at coding or art, so i can not develop speacle items or setting up quests. i can not even get single player levels to work :’(

when i get my server up, you can take a look around, most of that i did on my own, though my current staff did help with coding and a couple of internal maps, would have to take a look to see which ones.

im going to clean up the main thread a little, hopfully it will be more clear on the idea behind the thing

I would be rather tempted to help out but you cant spell and you didn’t really tell us your plan for the server. Also Your aim doesn’t seem professional enough for you to warrant having people with high rep. So im not sure wether your one of those 12-14 yr olds. I don’t think your going to get many people helping. Please take into consideration this is reborn, high dev skill isn’t very abundant here. Also anyone can make a server…

Your aiming to high dude, start off low and gradually build up your skills to a suitable level, then start a project and if you come up with something nice you might be able to get some people to work for you. Nothing comes easy when creating a server… you need to put in alot of time for it to be any good. I don’t think you realise this.

Just saying…:munch:

I’m 14. I guess that’s bad, lol.

1. Your spelling is not so hot, so don’t criticize me.

2. I do not want high rep, just rep enough to know that they will not go in and delete all my files or steal my data.

3, I just updated http://forums.graal.in/forums/showthread.php?p=67667#post67667 so it has more information. I could not update it sooner because I had to go to a family dinner.

1. I might try to do a smaller project, that was a good idea.

5, My grammar is a lot better when it is not casual conversation. I just want to get the post posted as soon as possible so people can read it sooner; what i do put out is not unreadable. this is a case of proofed text.

1. I am 18 years old. Born October, 31st 1991.

2. Since when was anything on Grall professional? nobody is getting paid here. People play and build worlds for fun, not profit.

Ya’ll motherfuckers can suck my dick.

Lol first off 2011-1991 =20 so how the hell can you be 18… You must be 12 because you have not mastered the art of subtraction yet.

Secondly please point out my spelling mistakes taking into consideration im spelling using australian spelling not american so thats the difference of using s instead of z. My grammar might be a bit off but you didn’t say anything about that…

Thirdly I have high rep but that didnt stop me in the past from deleting I think it was 2 servers.

and fourth: I didnt mean professional in that way. You can approach a project from a professional point of view and not hire just any noob and give everybody there appropriate rights. I seriously doubt you would do this…

Btw to any mods im not flaming, im just telling this 12 yr old that his not going to get anyone to work for him so he might as well start working by himself or work for someone else.

___Merged doublepost__________________

for realz!?

Don’t look at freaking reputation :confused:

Though my reputation is AMAZING!

Over 1400 thanks!

:smiley:

You forgot that it hasn’t been October yet.
But yeah, even then he’s supposed to be 19 by now.

wow dude… slow down… don’t get technical. He hasn’t mastered subtraction yet so what makes you think he understands decimals? Im just rounding to the nearest whole numbers to keep things nice and easy to understand.

I lol’d at tricxta’s signature. But I do have to agree with at least one of OP’s points. Graal has never exactly been “professional”. But at the same time, I do like a more structured hierarchy, and being professional can help server production. So, I agree with both of you, to an extent.

If you were born 1991, you’re 19.

___Merged doublepost__________________

1. You either can’t do math or you lie.

2. You’re a fucking Jew.

3. I’m better than you in all ways possible.

4. You piss me off.

5. You piss me off.

6. Can’t do math.

1. You piss me off.

Oh hey… You missed number 6…

That was the joke. Editted it to make it more clear.

I thought Slash0mega was 11 years old when I talked to him…