I'm back (Once again)

It’s been a few years since I’ve been on. My first server attempt on Graal Reborn was known as Giafea, after my computer being stolen I started back from scratch, before getting the new and improved Giafea even online, my old house burned with everything in it… So after two failed attempts, maybe it’s just fate that I left that project to rest. Now I’m back with a few new concepts for a server that I’ll get into later on down the road. I’ll be on and off the forums again, currently working on my new server project, Ethereal Odyssey. Once I get the layout of it finished I’ll post more info on it as well. So, what’s changed since 2009?
(I briefly came back in 2011 but that’s when my house burned. I blame Unixmad for all my misfortunes in life.)

Good to see someone back again. You’ll find this place quite lacking in activity at the moment. Hopefully when a few projects spark it should attract some new life.
I’m glad to see you blame unixmad for all lifes problems as well.
Looking forward to seeing what you’ll bring to the table in terms of content. :slight_smile:

Well said.

I second that.

I wouldn’t start another server if I were you. A void might suck you up as soon as you open up the editor.

Well, maybe making a backup once in a while … and have a friend keep it at his home for you would be a good advice for your new stuff.
Preferably, some friend living not too near of you. :smiley:

I used to upload a .zip of a backup to Google Docs. .nw files are small enough that it takes up just about no space.
As long as you have internet you can access it and it’s stored on the cloud forever.

I guess this means you really think that a void will open to swallow Hikeido, if Hikeido open the Graal editor. Or at the least, that Yenairo could really believe that. Oh well, I guess Yenairo could really believe that. :wink:

Spam bot.

Haha, sorry for the LATE reply, I started working on my server and doing alot of concepting, now I’m finally getting down to actually doing some work lol. I have a cloud to keep backups of my server now, and it will be updated frequently in case of another fire or a flaming meteor the size of texas flies through the galaxy and perfectly lands directly ontop of my computer, all hope won’t be lost. (If I survive T.T) Thanks for the warm welcomes, I’m really glad to be back and I’m hoping I can find someway to help revive Graal Reborn. I just do not understand most people’s logic… I guess that comes with being a pirate these days lol, but to me the playercount on Graal Reborn should be bigger than Graal Online. Maybe we just need to have a couple servers up and running that will rival UN, Era, and all that. I’ve seen a few servers that are currently up and they have some potential, just not enough hype that they deserve to bring in players. Hopefully things might change soon. I still have hope for Reborn.

Wow, glad to see that nothing wrong have happen. :wink:

Good!

Glad you take it that way. Which is probably the right way. Thought you might have been scared by some of the comments. That’s good that it’s not the case.

I agree.

It’s great that your house hasn’t burned down yet.

I’d be more inclined to use the program if it wasn’t so fucking slow on my computer, and I also would develop using it, but I can’t stand the graphical restrictions (no translucent pixels). Not that anyone here gives a shit what I think.

Dude, if it’s not broken it’s not Graal. Besides, why do you hang out here if you refuse to develop? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining. In fact, since you are so active you’d probably get a lot more done than most devs. We all work with the restrictions just fine. Help us out for Pete’s sake.

To Zartox. Thank you for breaking up OP’s post into quotes so I could read it.

To OP: Good luck!

I hang around in hopes that someone will fix something that is broken. Until then, Graal can stay broken and you guys can deal with me a while longer.
I refuse to use a program that is so incompatible with my system. Every time I try to get shit done with the program, I find a huge restriction and I drop the project I’m working on.

Anyway that’s enough side-conversation. Hikeido, best of luck. Rome wasn’t built in a day, so your server will just have to be Rome.

A lot of things weren’t built in a day. Dear God, his server could be anything.

You’ll find with enough hacking you get past most limitations of graal.

I’ve got alot to do before I can really start on the world, I’m actually working on completely custom tilesets and graphics (including heads, bodies, etc,) for this project. I’m actually just wanting to use the scripting language and the engine on it’s own, make use of some new ganis to make something a little different character-wise. So much planning and even more to do, I’m hoping I can keep the time to stick with it this time and get something done. As of right now the tilesets are my main project right now. This server is more or less sort of an online port to an rpg project I’ve been working on for a long time now, so I have the world layout already made just not in graal form lol.