Just Started GS2

Time to bug you all :animesmiley:
I just started GS2, and I’m trying to get ahold of the basic principals (ie: syntax + functions…)
I hope this is a good tutorial to start with, because this is basically what I have been learning from:
http://www.graal.net/index.php/Creation/Dev/Excalibur’s_scripting_guide
(If anyone has any other guides to GS2 please post them).

Anyway, I’m actually enjoying GS2 and it’s simplicity (compared to other programming languages) :slight_smile:
But near the start of the tutorial there was one part that I didn’t really seem to understand (I’m a newby and this is all new to me…)
I know that this part is fundamental, so I would appreciate it if someone would break it down for me.

Then after saying that, he shows and example of a server side script, and it looks like a more complex version of the client side script he showed us above, though to my knowledge, they both have the same goal.

This also seems so simple yet so confusing. I’m sure once I understand the idea behind Graal Script, I’ll be better off.
Thank’s.

If you’re wanting to use code here, GS2 isn’t what you want to learn. The servers don’t support it at this time.

So…GS1? (If so, do you have any tuts) I heard GS3 was in development.
I basically want to be able to script stuff on my Level Editor (Reborn Pack).
I Do GFX and I might want to setup my own server later on, idk.
Just hope to learn something and I could use the help. :smiley:

Graal Reborn is not in any way affiliated with Graal Online. What they get now, we get much later. This is community driven. So far we only support GS1 and we have no NPC-server that is usable at the moment.

Yup, I knew that Reborn was community driven though I didn’t really know how developed it was.
Don’t get me wrong though everyone here seems more or less helpful and I think I’ll stick around, though that brings me back to my initial question: “Are there any GS1 tutorials available?” If so, could you direct me to them!

Check this forum: http://forums.graal.in/forums/forumdisplay.php?19-NPCs

Oh cool I found a couple, Thank You!