Levels

yeah, but it’s better to chose the part of the map where you want the city and download those levels and remake Zinijh from scratch based on the original levels.

O_o so pick an area, download those levels, create town, reupload modified levels. << >>

Yes, sir

okaley dokaley

I remember some one giving me a program that changes .GRAAL files to .NW

I picked d05 - 7 and e05 - 6 of overworld, (d07 for the “entrance”)

I figured with it being in middle of nowwhere that it wouldnt be a problem.

:slight_smile:

Cadavre, that is one wierd avatar.

Is that the big green open area in the middle of the continent? IF that’s the case it looks fine for me. Keep in mind though the players won’t be starting in the town itself however we can make the quest send them to that town initially though. It would probably be a good place to get started.

Things to include in the town: A shop where you can buy bombs and arrows and perhaps other miscellaneous things. (You don’t have to worry about the scripting initially.)

A town hall, jail, some sort of relatively small militia barracks. A few houses that will be for sale and an arena.

If you can think of anything else let me know and we can bounce ideas off each other. (That or if any one else has any suggestions.)

ive already did the outside of a small shop and hotel, its only going to be 5 to 6 levels, if I decide to make it bigger than what I initially decided I can download a couple of the surrounding levels (I wont be going north towards the forrest since you already have plans there right?). (I usually do a path layout through the levels at first then do the buildings…

I enjoy all the different house outside textures. instead of having just 2 (normal and skull)

The forest is being used for the most part but I don’t have it fully planned out… however we don’t want to get crowded. If you decide to expand then the south west area towards the bushes and south of that is open for development. 5-6 levels is about right though as we don’t want the city to be to massive. Don’t make things to spread out either as I want it to feel like an actual town rather than a few buildngs that are spread apart.

I usually dont spread out my buildings. thats why my origianal idea for zinijh would end up being almost 100 levels. (several buildings per outside level, and with there being around 25 outside levels…that makes a lot of insides <_<)

Another quick note all outside levels should match the inside in shape and size. Example no two story buildings with only one story insides and if you have an L shape building inside then the outside of the building should also be L shape.

so no breaking the laws of physics eh?

Si, señor, no physico de lawo breako. Gracias!

Go ahead and upload the levels to the test folder as you complete them even if it’s just a rough draft. That way I can take a look at it and have an idea of where we stand in terms of finishing the server.

The outside of the volcano is done although I need to add detailing to the top part of the mountain. (I’ve finished the crater part of the volcano though.)

Right now I’m working on the desert area and adding a river that is next to the left side of the desert and will seperate the lower right portion of the continent from the rest of the continent. I plan on putting a caslte of sorts in that lower section. Although I won’t start on that until I get the outside of the desert finished. Pyramid, oasis, etc…

uploaded, 3 are mostly done for outsides. havent done any insides yet

___Merged doublepost__________________

gr-overworld_d07 is the main “entrance” level (which isnt really nice, just a path going up)

I was thinking of adding either a fishing village or a bay of some sort at the part of the map that looks like a cartoonish mouth in profile view. :stuck_out_tongue: If noone has taken that part already. :slight_smile:

Maybe the lower left is best? We need some bay with ships or something to be able to travel between continents. Players can’t swim longer bits, they’ll drown, unless they got flippers or something like that (You know what I mean if you’ve played Z3lttp).

ya mean the “chin” I was also thinking a port-town would go good there <_<