ListServer?

Hey People,

i’ve got a little question here, i plan to use Graal for an Event on a LAN-Party. But we dont have Internet for the lan, cause we dont want people to surf all the day. Is there a possibilty to get a own list server for local hosting?

Ty for your help :slight_smile:

This is it, if memory serves.
You’ll need to modify your arrays2.dat (located in your graal_reborn folder (client root directory)) file to redirect your client to your custom listserver. Basically just change it like so:

listserver.graal.in                                         //change this to the local ip of the machine hosting the listserver
14922                                                       //port the custom listerver is listening on
graal.in                                                    //irrelevant
http://forums.graal.in/forums/register.php                  //irrelevant
http://translate.google.com/                                //irrelevant
listserver.graal.cc                                         //Backup listserver ip's. you shouldn't need to touch this
listserver.graalonline.biz                                  //Same as above

Good luck and enjoy your LAN party! :slight_smile:

Hey Ty for you info :), rly nice to get some help. But i dont understand this google code thing, is the listserver not quite an exe file? Cause in the downloads i found only the gserver files :o

No, it’s not an exe file, it’s c++ source code. You’re going to need to compile it yourself. Luckily nalin has provided some default build scripts. My suggestion;

1. Download Code::Blocks
  2. Use SVN to checkout the project
  3. Run serverlist-v2\trunk\build\build_codeblocks.bat
  4. Open the generated project
  5. Compile/Run it

By a quick glance at the project it looks like you’ll also need to be running your own local mysql server, but i could be wrong. I’ve not looked into it in depth, perhaps someone else can clarify.

Go jatz

Hmm ok i tried this, rly complicated, but he cant create an build. Seems there is no compiler or something :frowning:

If you are just running one server you could always try using a version that does not use the list server such as 1.3.9

I think it would be way easier for you to use our list server and setup firewall rules to restrict browsing. Just block port 80 requests.

i think the easiest way is, someone with the developing environment should compile the NO-SQL version of the listserver :slight_smile: and setup a download on the site. That would be rly great, and useful for others too :smiley:

But i will try to download that gcc compiler thing…dunno about c++, i only developing .NET, but the Vistual-Studio files from the premake dont work.

I propose an alternative, due to your lack of c++ knowledge.

39ster’s GServer w/ NPC-Server comes with a precompiled listserver and gserver with inbuilt serverside scripting and plugin support. In my opinion, a very viable alternative to the gserver2. One i’d be using if I was to make a graal server. The downside is there were minimal bugs that he never got around to ironing out, but they won’t cause you any trouble for the scope of a LAN party, as you intend. Check it out, from the sounds if it, this is your best bet.

ty for you help :slight_smile: maybe i can use this listserver with the gserver2. I have the feeling that NPC scripts i made in real Graal in 2001/2 are not working on this 39Gserver, but i will see it at the evening :smiley:

All gs1 code will still work on the npc’s, you just need add //#CLIENTSIDE above the code. Serverside code is written in a modified version of GameMonkey Script with a syntax very similar to that of GS2’s. It’s a viable option for your needs. As far as combining the two, i’m not sure if that’d work as they are set up to work entirely differently.

Good question, but a friend of mine has the gcc compiler and some skills for this, so i let him compile the noSQL version of the listserver, this version i’ve used before, and i know to handle it. Maybe a NPC-Server would be rly nice, but i never saw it here :slight_smile:

So you got it working how you wanted?

hm not really, cant compile the server

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3566[/ATTACH]

Host the server like usual and ban unwanted players when they come up. You’re trying to be way too fancy here.

I will give you 1 mulligan

Why im trying to be fancy? There is a SVN with a noSQL version of the listserver, and codeblocks cant compile the project, so there is a problem about this, i think. Workarounds with online-servers on a non-internet area doesn’t help to solve the problem. The event should be a bit more than pvp or racing through some levels, it will be a bigger horror-survival quest. So i want to host the server first remote, for working together via RC2 and then local on the lan, to play the event.

39ster listserver doesnt work with the gserver2 here, and his gserver is quite not rly useful, RC dont work atm. and there is no useful documentation about his settings.

The listserver is mainly programmed for Linux, that’s why the snprintf error is there, you’ll have to define snprintf to compile it.

#if defined(_WIN32) || defined(_WIN64) #ifdef _MSC_VER #define strncasecmp _strnicmp #define snprintf _snprintf #endif #endif

It’s entirely documented? Not to mention you have the source so anything you don’t understand in the documentation you can literally read in the source code…
Also the “no rc” shouldn’t be a problem, you said you were wanting to host a local server… you can just edit the files locally, thus no need for an rc at all?

Local server
No rc
rc
remote control
remote control, local server

I don’t think you understand what you’re saying to be honest.