Making some progress, again.

Posted this a few days ago in my old thread, and then again and it said “waiting for approval” or some such thing lol. Not sure why. Anyway, I started messing around with it a little bit and changed the main colour (green) a lot after looking at it again.

I still plan on tinkering with this off an on and will see if I can complete some requests for things to be added in to it or suggestions about fixing things.

The light falling on the top of the tree doesn’t look quite right to me, but I think this is great work regardless. I hope to see further persistence :slight_smile:

The tiles the player is going to move over are too detail heavy…
Servers I’ve seen with such detailed tilesets always looked unpleasing to me.

Thanks for the input. I get what you mean. The grass tiles specifically are actually detail tiles are meant to be broken up with just a flat or extremely under detailed repeating piece. As for the dark gray cobble, I am probably removing those as I hate them XD

Tinked a little bit with some beach tiles. Just testing right now. The ones on the left are heavily inspired by secret of mana. I was using an image of it as a reference for these to help me out.

I also changed up the broken, orange cobble stones a bit and modified the tree some more.

Nice beach tiles. I really like the colours you chose. Would be great to have water shallow tiles though that give you the flexibility pics1 presents.

Jah. Already planned. Those area all transition tiles. So, it’s already possible. So, the light blue is the shallow, etc.

I agree with that.

I will have a look at maybe some more shallow variations, but the initial transition was meant to be that, to be honest XD.I might go back through that layer and add in some under detail to it, under the water that is. Just like the pastern of the sand or something, to make it look shallow.

I see progress. I like.

Put a bit more work into this. I started on a basic brick tile and then got a colour I liked for it. I will probably make some paths with a similar palette and replace some colours, possibly. Going to swap back to the water tiles again shortly. Been swapping between this, programming and some Star Wars graal levels and other things. So, my time has been limited.

I like your style ;D those cliffs remind me of rpg maker vx/mv type cliffs, but yours are colored better

Good shit. I like the ability to choose between different roof styles, that’s often overlooked with tilesets. I can already see myself using this.

I downloaded it too, should I make any additions or edits I’ll be sure to post it here for you. Keep up the good work!

Started working on some waterfall tiles and other misc things.

Really loving all these misc things, especially the bucket and hanging lanterns. Pretty much got everything here to start pulling together a plausible town scene.

Any requests for it? I’m working on a little market stall at the moment, but it’s not going well lmao. However, it was like a super late night and I felt like complete trash when I was working on it.

Planning on working on the house some more and maybe removing the vertical lines from it and then also trying another version, but with bricks instead of the cream colours wall and then working on the waterfall/river type section and maybe animating it.

Also, if anyone wants to use this now, as is. Let me know in here and I will post a copy without all the preview stuff in. So, things wont be layered over each other, etc. It wont be an actual tileset, but it would be easier to use.

This tileset fits the theme of the first gmap on my server. (Lots of sandy islands, something that the standard graal tileset doesn’t depict in its dirt/desert type tiles/colors.)

I am tempted to put these to use, but with my characters unfinished and sizes untested I want to wait until I have something usable in that regard. I may have to scale the character dimensions down if I can’t get it
to work properly.

sandy islands can be done in the default tileset, you just need to be creative. but I agree these are much nicer

A few more updates and started working on some other things in it. The deep water isn’t permanent, was just a test.

Would be great from a usability perspective if you could treat it as though transparency and layers were at ones disposal. Which would mean moving the pot and the shrubbery away from the wall into their own tiles. But otherwise this is really cool. Would love to see a decent level artist build a town scene with this.