Minecraft Server

if you play games for kids or older games that can’t support many characters (NES/SNES) you’ll be reading Hiragana and Katakana. If you write only in Hiragana you look like a child. That’s why people use Kanji, especially because it makes the sentences more readable.

that’s hard to say, probably 水 for it’s simplistic qualities and I also like these two together 艦隊 as they spell fleet and just look awesome, especially 艦

man I wish I could love kanji and not just see them as a mess of lines. No matter how I train my brain to look at the radicals they’re just a pain to read.

How many of these evolved from actual pictographs

all of them are, Chinese people just drew ten differently because they couldn’t see them normally as a result of their slanted eyes. Some are pretty good though like 森 is forest

Also I forgot my favourite kanji which is 海
Example sentence: 俺が海末ちゃんと結婚してる

They supposedly all are. To be honest, they make zero sense, especially when you get a kanji about an abstract concept. Each of these buggers is made of one of 214 “radicals” which have their own names, but don’t influence the meaning at all.

https://kanjialive.com/214-traditional-kanji-radicals/

海 is made of water + mother-- and then a radical that doesn’t really have a name but since it looks like a gun that’s what I call it-- and that combination makes a word that means means OCEAN.
弓 is the kanji for bow (and arrow)
手 is the kanji for hand
一 二 三 are 1 2 3 and then you get 四, 4, which has more strokes than the number it represents.

Like shit what the fuck is 買う supposed to represent? It means to buy, by the way.

I guess some of them are really easy to learn, like 足 actually DOES look a little like a boot even though it means foot. But then you get dumb words like 振り返る (furikaeru, to turn around, to look back on something) which is composed of two kanji and two hiragana-- and the kanji mean nothing at all. (first one is to swing, second one is to return)

WHY JAPANESE PEOPLE

lol I just realized the first one he talks about is the number system. Completely forgot about that.
Don’t get me started on how the meanings change even though the kanji’s meaning is x or y. 足りない for example is made out of that one that means foot, but when used like this, it means “not enough.”

How do you write perl harbour in japanese

I actually really like Kanji and think they look really cool. I used to complain about them a lot but now they don’t bother me at all and if I don’t understand one I just learn it, ez. No point really complaining because it’s all reused Chinese characters as a result of Japan’s chinkaboo phase several hundred years ago, and without it Japan wouldn’t have developed an alphabet until a lot later. Kanji are also so simplified from their original forms so it’s a lot easier than it would’ve been pre-1940’s. Overall Japanese isn’t worth learning though and if you speak English there isn’t much of a point to learn another language since we’re the best. I only speak Japanese for fun and I can’t even understand Japanese people my age since they all speak super colloquial so instead I just talk to old people on Japanese political sites.

真珠湾
真珠湾攻撃は素晴らしかった!ファック亜人!!

That cannot be how you write it. Or is the idea to make the word look like an attacking aircraft carrier

真珠湾

this is it, since it’s an old japanese term it uses kanji instead of katakana

the rest I wrote was just a funny meme

Fuck Ahito translates to Baise Ahito for me in french. (Have sex with Ahito)

Learning a language is also learning part of the culture’s lore and it’s really nice to experience new concepts, new ways of seeing things when learning a new language. Learning English did that for me, I’m interested particularly in Japanese because it’s easy to access.

I wonder why. 亜人 translates directly to “demi-human, sub-human, American” for me. Granted, I’m not using Google, but an actual dictionary. lol

亜人 is literally just bad person. It used to be for Americans but they don’t use it anymore (sadly). At least we still have 害人. I’m very disappointments for with modern Japan. With me it’s like having an awesome grandparent and hearing stories about them and then finally meeting them and they have dementia and are basically a retarded vegetable. I have only befriended 1 Japanese nationalist and he is also a giant weeb with a room covered in iM@S posters. He also hates Koreans and Chinese more than Americans which in my mind is pretty illogical.
大和心が死んじゃった

Weebs. 外人

外人じゃないよ。俺が日系人で侍系統んだっろう。
七生報国、万歳!!

I’m just a whiteboi whose family line hails from Europe so reading runes is literally not a gift my family has been given from the start. Also, fuck China.

I like China now, they sell cheap but good guns, bash Trudeau and don’t afraid of anything

they’re cheap for a reason. 一分钱,一分货

Yeah I get an awesome killing machine designed to rid the world of western imperialists. Thank you based China. You better start liking the Chinese because they’re gonna rule our country in a few decades.

You guys are nerds.