multiple accounts

ok, so now I have my server up and running. But I now want to start messing with development. I wrote a couple npc-weapons and want to try them out, but they effect multiple people, is there a way to log in to my server through 3 or 4 instances of the client from my one machine without having to register 3 or 4 users on this board?

Re: multiple accounts

mmm, I think you have to sign up a few times. Thats what I did, its pretty quick. The gserver only seems to let you sign in on an account twice at once if one is a rc.

Re: multiple accounts

I know this is an old topic but in the latest svn revision ive added a thing called “LOCALHOST MODE” which disables communication with the listserver and makes it so you can login to any account (passwords are just all treated as being correct). This allows you to not only run the server in an offline environment but lets you use multiple clients to test like OP was asking. It’s implemented as a DEFINE though so you need to compile the server yourself to set it (or ask me for a copy if you need it for whatever reason).