My 2d Engine..

It's not really graal-related though i am using some graal-things for test. Beholder has seen the project and has helped me w/ a bit (formulas mainly + testing)

Currently supports:

• Animations to an extent.
  • Fonts through FTGL / Freetype2
  • Graphics via OpenGL
  • Streaming Audio / MP3 / Midi / Wav through fmod.
  • Transperent graphics + unlim color – gif, png, bmp, probably others… – through OpenIL
  • Window through SDL, also has joystick, mouse, keyboard handling, threading, and some other things.

Comment =)

http://rapidshare.com/files/71517291/Release.zip.html

Re: My 2d Engine…

Tired it, isn't a bad start at all, but it feels like its flash, the flash feeling-part is movement.

Keep posting updates of this. :slight_smile: I'm very interested

This is very nice… If you could get this working with the existing 2.1.7 Gserver or make your own server for it, that would mean both the client and server would be %100 original

^ What he said. It would be seriously wicked to have a custom client so Unixmad's only reason to nail Gservers would be using the default tilesets, etc…

His uses openGL, not DirectX.
Plus, script parsing, would suck o_o

1. OpenGL is better than directx.
  2. Make your own scripting-language.

Why the hell would scriptparsing suck? It would only suck if you code it bad.

'Script parsing would suck', I meant in having to create it :stuck_out_tongue:

I vote for alots and alots of Java support and some Dehipi! (spelled wrong…)

LOL, Delphi and Java. ;(

In some cases, it is. Though, check out opengl support for v5 (Graal.exe -opengl). Sucks ass ;D

That's just bad coding. :stuck_out_tongue:

OpenGL means that more than one OS can run the application without needing to rework the whole graphics system.

Direct3D or DirectX is only supported by windows. If you want to use DirectX on any other OS you need to emulate it.

Use Pawn/Small for script language, it kicks ass.

http://www.compuphase.com/pawn/pawn.htm

I wanna use LOLCode :frowning:

Could you PLEASE release the source code, and this seems like a interesting project that I would like to help with :open_mouth:

Yes, please, post the source code. Then, maybe… I didn’t bother downloading the sample, because I’m only interested if I can do something with it. For example, there should be a tile editor.

Ah,

Seriously, although this is very smooth and feels a lot like graal when running about, it could possibly be made using the knowledge learnt from the lazy foo tutorials (http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/index.php). It may be more beneficial to make your own simple client and get a feel on what code goes behind the scenes, i.e blitting textures and applying them to SDL surfaces.

Obviously that Joe-cool guy has added a few more features such as using the character sprite sheet and alowing the use of tiles and the .nw map format but you get the picture :slight_smile:

Once you have cloned this, feel free to do a simple gscripting system… Oh and not to forget an NPC server, I hear GR need one of them :slight_smile:

regards,

The source is extremely ‘ugh’… i’m actually recoding it -again- :stuck_out_tongue:

Epic fail. 8)

I know. I just felt like being an ass.