My First outside level (Not Finished)

Finished Thread!
http://forums.graal.in/forums/showthread.php?t=7623

So as if you don’t already know i work for Evora and i’m starting to do Level Designing and coding! I thought i would show my first level i’m working on! [ATTACH=CONFIG]3650[/ATTACH]

Edit: Ill post the finish product in the future! :smiley:

Try sharing it when it’s finished.

See there you go! you can be nice!

Just because I’m not being mean doesn’t mean I’m being nice. And everyone knows I can be nice.

I fully agree with Spooon. This is nothing close to finished, we really don’t care. I think you should start off with pics1.png before using some other tileset as well. If you have any questions we’d be happy to answer them.

I see that you are spoons slave.

Dosk take it easy, dylan’s got a point:
You should start with pics1, especially since our tileset isn’t fully completed and the default tileset is easier to work with.
Add this to a NPC and you should be good to go

if (playerenters) {
removetiledefs;
addtiledef pics1.png,,1;
}

Want me to add that correct?

Yeah, strap it to an NPC in a new level and you should have the original tileset reset as default.

IF I wanted the old tile set back lol

You guys should learn to work with prefixes so you don’t need to use removetiledefs. Also, that way, when people play your server, you won’t be stuffing up their existing tile definitions.

For example:
Say you name all your levels starting with rammy_. Then you can do:
addtiledef tileset,rammy_,type;

So when you have a level called rammy_“something”.nw it’ll use that tileset, but then, assuming someone hasn’t overwritten all prefixes by using no prefix(i.e. addtiledef tileset,type; ) you’ll see the normal tileset(pics1).

Intresting, I hope rammy reads this. Lol

Lol yes, a useful tidbit indeed :slight_smile:
-Thanks tric.

I’m my own person. You’re an even bigger faggot than Rammy it seems.

:munch:

if (playerenters) { removetiledefs; addtiledef pics1.png,,1; }

Okay, so here’s why this is stupid.

The point of removetiledefs; is that it removes the tile definitions that you have placed over the default tileset (pics1.png). The code Rammy provided removes the tiledefs and then places one as pics1.png over pics1.png. Think of tiledefs as layers of paint.

No I’m not bundle of sticks.

Ahh, I remember that comeback from grade 5.

Good thing im not in Grade 5 :smiley:

3rd grade then?