Need just a little of it.

so im making a gun type thing because im bored and i ran into some trouble.

1. how would you make it so that when the bullet type thing hit someone it hurt them. (i know you can’t use if (playertouchsme) {})
  2. my timeout for it to destroy wont work.
  3. i can’t figure out how to get the if (player.dir=0) { } and for the bullet to go on a specific side of a player depending on which was the player is facing.

also, im just going to make the weapon something like

if (weaponfired) { putnpc bullet.txt,x,y; }
Heres what i have so far for the bullet(its all worked by chat to test out):

if (created) { x=30; y=30; canbecarried; canbepushed; canbepulled; } if (playerchats && strequals(#c,/Sreset)) { x=30; y=30; } if (playerchats && strequals(#c,/right)) { move 60,,3,; } if (playerchats && strequals(#c,/left)) { move -60,,3,; } if (playerchats && strequals(#c,/down)) { move ,60,3,; } if (playerchats && strequals(#c,/up)) { move ,-60,3,; } if (playerchats && strequals(#c,/DL)) { move -60,60,3,; } if (playerchats && strequals(#c,/UL)) { move -60,-60,3,; } if (playerchats && strequals(#c,/DR)) { move 60,60,3,; } if (playerchats && strequals(#c,/UR)) { move 60,-60,3,; } if (playerchats && strequals(#c,/sdestroy)) { destroy; }

For the love of god, use the “shoot x,y,z,angle,zangle,power,gani,ganiparams;” command o_o

In cases like that, (since we don’t have putnpcs2 [npcserver parsed]), “they”, used to make unique putnpc text files, for each direction. Hell, look in your “graal_client/levels/weapons folder”.

but what if i dont want to use the shoot command. i wanna make myself my own one.
i just need help with the bullet hurting someone now.

THIS IS RETARDED! WHY WOULDN’T YOU MAKE IT EASY!?

because i felt like it?

Sounds stupid to me.

probably shouldn’t have disagreed. :frowning:

I have to second Spooon on this one, KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

Don’t reinvent the wheel, its already been done better by somebody else.

I know, I know. But what if a wanted it to hurt the player and not be shoot;?

make a “-system_actions” and put all your

if(actionshoot){
dothis;
}

then just triggeraction to it from your gun npc .

if(actionprojectile) {} actually.

sorry , ive been out of graal development for awhile . i have to relearn it all now . :stuck_out_tongue:

Could be worse, you could be remembered as the guy who actually remembers all of this shit.

Like you?