NEw computer OGMOGMOGM

I just want to brag about my NEW COMPUTER
OMFG
It boots in like 5 seconds.
It has Windows 10!! and btw the privacy settings are asked to you if you custom install. If I recall well, it’s all of them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3952[/ATTACH]

damn that’s a pretty good build I can’t even make fun of it, way better than my setup

naiceee

holy shit what are you doing
i7?
Are you hacking CERN?

side topic: speaking of tech upgrades, I’m using a 1080p LCD monitor for the first time, which is an upgrade from my 20" CRT Dell monitor. I wont have it for more than a week or two, but now I can totally understand what you guys mean by this site’s design being an eyesore.

Dude you noob. I’m here with an overclocked i7 extreme, 32gb of ram, and 2 nvidia titan. Come here bitchc

___Merged doublepost__________________

Actually i have an intel i5, 8gb of ram, and nvidia gt 730 ;(

woah

I like eroz’s syle

I was told that with the processor I have, the most probable bottleneck will be the HDD. Which is very plausible so far.
Right now, I think my PSU has a defect because my computer doesn’T start at every press of the front button :frowning:

check the jumpers for the button on your motherboard. If you have them on backwards or in improperly it might be because of that.

OP xD What are you doing with that power? 4k Gaming?

You could always try the paperclip trick with your PSU a few times to see if it’s the PSU vs your jumpers.

Good job paying for 8 cores that you’ll utilize either never or like 1% of the time you’re using your computer!

Edit: Or not? dxdiag just fails.

I still use 2012ish technology and pretty much everything plays fine.

Hmm yeah, 8cpus… I use Photoshop and everything’s almost instantaneous, except when I run short on ram. I know photoshop uses hyperthreading I don’t know about the rest… do IDEs use hyperthreading? I know the android emulator should.

I’ve crashed my computer once from pushing it to its absolute limits. I was running CS:GO, AE CS6 and Hammer/Source SDK all at once while rendering. I ran out of 16GB of RAM.

you guys make me feel disappointed in what I thought was a decent upgrade over my 2002 computer with a Pentium 4 and 2GB of RAM. I have twice those specs now and it still doesn’t feel like enough when I see posts like this lol

… all I want for Christmas is an SSD sigh

Don’t feel too bad, I still have and use everything from the IBM PC-XT with 10MHz 8086, 640k ram, 20mb hard drive, and 320k 5.25 floppy with PC DOS 2.0 to the PC I have now.

You don’t need “monster specs” for much except “Muh Gaymes” and maybe 3d rendering, compiling, image editing, video editing and other stuff faster.

these “muh games” are just people buying games so they don’t feel like they wasted money on Titans and shit. I don’t really care, but I do care when Windows Explorer takes over a minute to load 200 images in a folder

also what do you even do on your 10MHz? I’m not sure why anyone would keep something that ancient around…

Why would anyone keep a 1970 dodge charger around when they can have such grand things like the Tesla, Fiat, Prius, Smart Car, Google Car? “I’m being sarcastic”

It’s kinda a collectors item at this point, throwing out my IBM PC-XT or Hewitt Rand 286 would be blasphemy… I might be on the borderline of considering getting rid of my 120Mhz PowerBook 1400 with a dead screen but even then I would part it out or give it to someone than just throw it away.

I have plenty of space to keep them around.

I don’t use every PC I have every day, in fact the last time the IBM PC-XT saw regular usage was in 2006, the 20MB Winchester hard drive was acting up and near the end of it’s life and replacements aren’t really cheap to buy or ship.

I still have the below DOS games on 5.25 floppies except they run on orange Hercules MGA on that PC instead of color.
Basically almost any DOS game/program from 1980 to 1990 will run on it.

Simple games can be fun and I kinda prefer a command line then staring at a UI all day, though the orange/green monochrome CRTs will burn into your eyes/brain after awhile.

Here’s a box of Echelon, this is my box, I scanned it like 10 years ago.