Please provide feedback if you can on any of these:
So far I have found two theories about what the foundation is and what I want to learn ultimately from this project, aside from enjoying playing it. I also found a third theory about “engaging player experiences” here that is brilliant: (the first and second responses,) https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/141463/how-can-i-make-my-enemies-feel-real-and-make-combat-more-engaging
I have some remaining ideas to iron out for this game about what I’m building on top of the foundation and I would appreciate any and all feedback.
[SOLVED: simple enough just had to figure it out, indicating completion of regions with the story and advance through regions with grappling hooks or get through a wall or beat a boss, or be part of a group that controls a territory etc.] What should the overworld feel like? I’m thinking the game needs to feel like super mario world from snes where the player knows where to advance to over time, and has a sense of checkpoints and territory to progress in the story, while simultaneously having dynamic territories controlled by guilds and by one of the three primary sides (rebel, empire, bounty hunter.) Any ideas on the theory behind this or how to simplify it would help as this is one of the remaining things to tackle for me.
- Bounties last 24 hours, only bounty hunters can collect the reward, when a player enters a level it shows their current bounty over their head for a second to bounty hunters.
- The experience would be easier to play/better to do no bounties.
- A. pick rebel, empire, or bounty and only npcs that are part of your side interact with you
- B. the quests/npcs depend on what uniform you’re wearing, and the player starts as a mercenary/rebel, and can choose to get a suit and follow missions allowed to outfits for that side
- C. don’t have sides at all and let them do any quest and just role play as they please
- D players alignment points determine what npc’s are willing to interact and give you quests
[SOLVED: personal droids sound fun, I think thats all it needs for that] Should players have repeat items they use like different droids that can unlock gates that give them an advantage. Can anyone help think of anything other than droids that would be repeat “personalized/collectible” type reuse non necessary but still desirable items?
- A. outfits limited to buying at head shield and body shops, and given as part of quests
- B. let the player choose any outfit combinations at any point, and let the player create their character according to where they currently have progressed and wish to
- [SOLVED: queued matches - open to any features for guilds anyone wants to suggest] Should there be any guild features that would be easy to create that anyone has seen in other games? It feels like there is something to make the guilds more grand, like some type of competitive ladder, or built in areas for high rank only access, but I’m not sure and don’t know any examples where this has worked. One thing that may be involved with creating a ladder is points you accumulate in the arena or for CTF type fortresses. I have an awesome arena that is probably going to be a central aspect. Should this be based on a points system or let the players just figure it out. And what other guild features would be good ideas?
Thanks for any responses in advance.