Port Leorick Graveyard [Cervole Kingdoms] (Preview)

I like what you’ve done with the graves a lot :] gj

The only things I question is the shadows :o But my opinion doesn’t matter x]

I’m assuming you mean the shadows in the graves and not next to the stones? If so I think you’re right, it doesn’t give the effect I was going for too well. I’ll try it without them.

It’s actually pretty interesting to look at. It’s pretty creative – I’ll give you that, but there is still something rather trite about it. I don’t mean to be unhelpful, but I can’t put my finger on it exactly. Perhaps there are too many graves and some of the detailing looks artificial or maybe contrived.

That’s just how I feel about it as if I was looking at as if it were a painting or something. However, this is just one piece of your player-world and I applaud your creativity. I hope that we will see some more interesting levels as you progress.

I think i’ll go with mol, the amount of graves in the level seems to take away from it all. I think you’d also benefit from a more overgrown look through the addition of additional ground detailing.

Other than that, I like it since it’s pretty original, something not many people can pull off too well.

Note that: They are graves. Man-made graves.
Nice-looking graves usually means the one who died was probably wealthy(or not i don’t know really…).
So… Many rich merchants died for some reason i gues?(what with it being a port. those usually thrive on commerce(tradin stuffs?).)

They look neat though.(4/5)

Yeah, that actually hadn’t escaped me. That’s why I wasn’t talking about the graves when I said the detailing looks artificial: I meant like the grass, trees, shrubs, flowers, etc. Right now, you can tell that the trees and especially the grass-on-grass tiles were just thrown on there. You can argue that everything was put there by a man, but what I am trying to say is that there is no illusion being created for me to think that this actually might exist in nature. I know that it is a video game, but a well-made level can put a player into “your world” and make them feel less like they are walking around in a video game.

i like the variety of name stones

I’ve always liked Cervole Kingdom on XoriaPW. Still a fan, Leorick.