Promoting Graal Reborn!

Good Reasons:

1. More playerbase
  2. More people who can later on help servers

Bad Reasons:
Facts taken from tig
1.There not afraid of shutting down graal reborn at the moment stefan don’t care because he thinks your playerbase right now is puny and hes not worried
2. If your playerbase got better most likely stefan will shut it down and make sure this stops.

^-----solved

New Problem
Even if we do promote the main page needs revamped by someone else bc calvadre seems to have quit.
and the main page is completely so screwed up and the client downloads are going since megaupload got shut down due to piracy.

^— Still a problem
Moving on
We need the current server works to hold off come together to an arguement to fix up one server then move on to the next one to fix up and get ready. once majority of servers are up then solo projects can be worked on because we will have servers completed for people to join and play and have fun

Last time I checked, stefan may object to this place but he has no influence wether it stays or goes.
We just get assholes who like to ddos the service if more people start playing.

I have always been a fan of promoting graal reborn, all other independent communities and free open source alternatives.
The downside is the current idiocy to intelligence ratio. Take a look at the “Official Graal” community and most iPhone users and you will quickly see that most of those people would not enhance the experience. Per every 100 new users we get we probably find 3 to 5 exceptional people that lift up and boost the community.
I’m not saying a larger player base is bad, I’m just saying it comes with a lot of annoyances and I don’t think our goal is to be anything like “Graal iPhone” or any other projects Stephane Portha (Unixmad) has ripped off over the last decade.

As for Stefan Knorr, he is a decent guy and I have never had a real problem with him personally, it is not him that would bother us so much. The main troll that tries to shut down anything he cannot control is a completely different guy known as Stephane Portha or Unixmad and he has no legitimate legal basis for doing so, what he tries to do when people do not cave in to his threats are dirty tricks and denial of service attacks. Unixmad can be easily defended against and deflected if you simply ignore it and stay vigilante on your security and IP Blocklists. I doubt he would even try to bother us again if we got like 200 people on a server at once, why do I say that? Because Unixmad has focused on ripping off other peoples games, websites and projects such as Alien Abuse and porting them to iProducts. Graal is only a secondary concern and not his largest profit source, and if there is no profit in it or no easy chance of success then Unixmad will not even bother trying.

In the big picture I say let’s promote, promote, promote!

If you think about it, our playerbase is only about 1/25th of graal online’s actual player base. So our 8 players is about their 250 players, if you look at other games like say world of warcraft… where a private server is like 1:1,000,00.

If anything, seems graal just sucks in general.

Ummm I hope you know if we have a higher fandom/playercount people are going to need to pull it together and become more professional. We can’t attract ANYONE if we have 20 bronze servers with 10 minutes worth of content each. (thankfully it’s less than it used to be though…)

Anyone willing to actually make a decent server needs to join with each other to make a combined effort to make that work. At the moment we have a bunch of semi-solo projects that everyone is doing in the free time of their free time.

edit: if anything we’re losing people from Graal’s inefficiencies like the slow client that is out dated and runs like a RAM-Whore. If that were fixed I would think about playing Graal again.

New Problem
Even if we do promote the main page needs revamped by someone else bc calvadre seems to have quit.
and the main page is completely so screwed up and the client downloads are going since megaupload got shut down due to piracy. - Download Problem Fixed all download links need removed except for this http://ifile.it/msbp75y/graal_reborn.zip
^— Still a problem
Moving on
We need the current server works to hold off come together to an arguement to fix up one server then move on to the next one to fix up and get ready. once majority of servers are up then solo projects can be worked on because we will have servers completed for people to join and play and have fun

brb uploading to mediafire

then we have a second mirror again

I solved one issue Im breaking up one old elven lands back up and im wanting someone who knows what the there doing to take over im just hosting it i want you guys to rescript it and fix it all up its got lots of heads few shields and few bodies and few swords

I wish this could work but you’d get people uploading over other peoples working, inconsistencies and assholes stealing others work and using it on their own servers.
Dw!!! Phoenix should be up and running any month now…

w00t.

I don’t want people who don’t know what Graal is to join us, just to find out that there is a better, newer Graal and leave.

“better”

also wouldn’t they figure out that it’s a hole and then just either quit Graal, or come back?

By that logic people would discover Led Zepplin, Rush, Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, The 1980’s Black Michael Jackson or any other good but older band and then leave when they discover there is “newer music” such as Justin Beiber, Hannah Montana, Lady Gaga, Christina Aguilera, or any other glam popstar vomit. At this point even GaiaOnline and Facebook games has more of a solid platform and more robust gaming content than “Unixmad’s horrible freakshow zoo of iGames and stolen products” of which the iGraal line isn’t even at the top. Why pay money for something horrible with no potential for openness or development? Would you rather listen to a good band for free or pay $20 for 3 iTunes Justin Beiber tracks?

Dude… what…
I thought he was saying that if they come from iPhone expecting PC Graal here, and find out that they can pay just a bit and play awesome Graal Online servers they’re going to go leave because they’re already used to that shit on iPhone. They wont have the same feeling the GO players coming here will have.

lol put graal reborn advertisement on one of those penny click sites.

That’s a stupid argument. You don’t like GraalOnline, so you aren’t going to accept that it’s better than Graal Reborn. The only thing that makes us appealing is that we are free.

Is gs2 available yet

GO has more of a tried and true process to it, UN and Era and all those servers from early Graal are still there and nothing new ever comes up.
GR seems to be a constantly changing place of new servers and ideas and I like it better here rather than at GO.
and yeah, GR doesn’t hurt my wallet every few weeks.

both GO and GR suck hahahahaha damn

So do you, gllt, so do you…
:3