PWAs Having access to protect servers?

Just an idea, depends on if Joey would agree, but I think it’d help everyone because there would be less wait times for us, and it’d mean cadaver and Joey won’t keep getting annoyed :slight_smile:

Joey’s hosting service needs to be re-written for that as it is fairly rudimentary in some aspects such as server protection. Protected servers are actually directly added to the .php file itself. Cadavre was thinking about a re-write, though, but for now you will have to contact one of the GR Administrators to manually add the server protection.

Ohk, well if you guys do re-write it, is it going to be auto proteced?

I was thinking of putting all controls in the PW section of the website, meaning you’d have to be logged in in order to create a server. Probably even combining it with the server-registration as an option.

Also, I would add some kind of request function to aquire more than one server per user and some kind of moderation process to it.

Sounds great.:slight_smile:

Watch out a PWA power uprising is on your hands. Next they will be taxing your lunch box and bullying in numbers.

Don’t forget extortioning players for Gralat

50% tax on all purchases made in gralat!

I’ll propose some new rules.

• All servers must be hosted on Joeys hosting
  • Max 1 server per person
  • We will charge you in forum “Thanks” to host a server, you must get at least 50 thanks to host one.
  • You may now get rewarded “Thanks” points by donating on PayPal.

/sarcasm

Where’s my many thanks? :stuck_out_tongue: Or was I the other side of the “may”?
I mostly get thanks in my graphic threads.

I get my thanks from releasing new gserver versions. I should go ahead and release a couple of them in a row so I can catch back up to Beholder.

(I realize it’s sarcasm)
THAT WOULD BE CATASTROPHIC!

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Shouldn’t have released 2.3, instead you should’ve broken the updates up and just made like 5 versions of it lol

I’m thinking about releasing 2.3.1, 2.3.2, 2.3.3, and so on. I can catch up like that. :slight_smile:

Evil!

Sweet, make sure to fix bugs that weren’t even bugs in the first place. Just attach the same server renamed, nobody’ll notice.

For example:

• Fixed an issue with premake

• Fixed a timing bug

• Fixed a very rare issue where players would receive cake

Don’t forget to add new features.

• Player will die at random, to add more fun

• Player will sometimes be unable to respawn

• Server will ‘appear’ to crash, but will still require a restart anyway.